Ontopic The new car-seching thread

That's a nice van, Eddie. Super cool.

Every once in a while I'll think of getting just a plain, empty cargo van and doing the inside how I want. Mostly livable at least shorter term but things like bed, desktop, etc. that fold up against the walls to still be able to make big open cargo space when you need it.
Generator, propane, battery bank & rooftop solar all self contained, separate from the vehicles built in systems.
Couple tricks to make theft at least a little more difficult, etc.
And of course buttons and switches that say things like smoke screen, oil slick, and headlights that flip down to expose the machine guns.
All totally normal looking from the exterior.
Maybe paint a logo on there: Hips Logistics, Transportation & Mobile Vasectomy Service.
Thanks. I got all squared with insurance and got my cashier's check. Getting it tomorrow.:cool: Fucking visibility through that windshield is awesome and the headspace is awesome too for someone(me) with a long torso. I get a crick in my neck from vehicles where my hair touches the roof.:lol:.

I started by looking at cargo vans but they all were filthy gross, loaded with the biggest engines and generally a bit more than I needed. This Transit should have been more but this guy is out in "west Butt-fuck Egypt". i.e. super rural even for the rural. I think it was worth the drive. toes crossed.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Thanks. I got all squared with insurance and got my cashier's check. Getting it tomorrow.:cool: Fucking visibility through that windshield is awesome and the headspace is awesome too for someone(me) with a long torso. I get a crick in my neck from vehicles where my hair touches the roof.:lol:.

I started by looking at cargo vans but they all were filthy gross, loaded with the biggest engines and generally a bit more than I needed. This Transit should have been more but this guy is out in "west Butt-fuck Egypt". i.e. super rural even for the rural. I think it was worth the drive. toes crossed.
What are you going to use the van for?

What are you going to use the van for?
Abducting guys like you so I can hang them in rural woods and skin them, alive and, then leave them for the night critters. I'm a busy guy, I do all my own home repairs, about 1/2 my car repairs. I can haul music gear in it - I am a musician and I have been working the rust out of my fingers and pipes for a return to more vigorous and regular playing.
I like looking down at people's crotches in traffic to see if they are rubbing one out. Bonus if they are.

• Gravy
THAT is a sign - for me. It's gotta be. I'm toying with an artistic idea right now, with a Stihl saw specifically. I.E. A piece of wood was "Stihled". I got the wood, really wild piece where I was removing an oversized stump with an undersized chain-saw by first cutting a core/cone from the center. Now I need to make a mold of grandpa's Stihl saw so I can make the glass lamp (the main idea) of it.

• Gravy
THAT is a sign - for me. It's gotta be. I'm toying with an artistic idea right now, with a Stihl saw specifically. I.E. A piece of wood was "Stihled". I got the wood, really wild piece where I was removing an oversized stump with an undersized chain-saw by first cutting a core/cone from the center. Now I need to make a mold of grandpa's Stihl saw so I can make the glass lamp (the main idea) of it.

There's a construction equipment rental place here whose phone number on their logo is something like 1-800-88RENTS. Almost every piece of equipment comes back with paint on it that turns RENTS into PENIS taking the leg off the R and the cross off the T. Some good ol' boy artistry going on there.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
There's a construction equipment rental place here whose phone number on their logo is something like 1-800-88RENTS. Almost every piece of equipment comes back with paint on it that turns RENTS into PENIS taking the leg off the R and the cross off the T. Some good ol' boy artistry going on there.
Construction Co. at end of my street HAD a nice wood sign that was sandblasted and/or routed out of a thick slab of wood. Some SOB(he-he but not me) doctored "SPENCERS" to "PENCE". :lol: Disgruntled employee I'd think. Sign is fucked, they must have had a chistle.

• Gravy
Everyday on USA roads. Always assume some Dumbass is coming through the red/stop to try and hit you.
Running lights is a sport here. Always pause a second or two and look, don't just go because it turned green.
IIRC when I was in Germany there was another yellow/caution phase instead of going straight from red to green, like the Red and yellow lit up together I think, though here people would just run that too.
Also nobody ever passed on the right over there, like never. If somebody did you knew right away they were american, and most likely an asshole.

Running lights is a sport here. Always pause a second or two and look, don't just go because it turned green.
IIRC when I was in Germany there was another yellow/caution phase instead of going straight from red to green, like the Red and yellow lit up together I think, though here people would just run that too.
Also nobody ever passed on the right over there, like never. If somebody did you knew right away they were american, and most likely an asshole.
I had a lead singer who would sit at a red in a left turn lane, then burn it and turn in front of the oncoming traffic on green. Only drove with that masshole once. Someday he'll meet his match on the gas. Strictly by accident of course. ;)

Instant Karma. BAMM!!

• Gravy