Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Not getting this, or your issue with it. My Saturn beeps and turns on brake lights for 10-15 seconds (or is it reverse, idgaf) when you lock it. The lights part is nice when you're 100 feet away and it's noisy out.

I usually don't poach spots - I like parking aways out. How long is this wait, did you see someone get in the vehicle? Seems whenever I wait for someone to pull out of a spot, they sit there fucking around long enough I could have walked the length of the parking lot.
Hint: reverse lights have a very specific meaning.

Here, have some Elon cock. I had occasion to go out to the plant Saturday. Here are your corporate espionage photos. Study them carefully.

Attachments

• 20211024_103142_resize_38.jpg
    20211024_103142_resize_38.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20211024_095147_resize_76.jpg
    20211024_095147_resize_76.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20211024_095150_resize_36.jpg
    20211024_095150_resize_36.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Love
Reactions: fly
I saw an advertisement for the new "electric mustang". Sad deal (droopy ears emoji). It looks sort of like (especially in the ass end) the abomination that is a mid-late 70s mustangII bred with a modern crossover suburban wife grocery getter. Just a damn shame.

I will give it electric motors will be crazy quicker, and maybe or maybe not faster, than what you can do with gas but man, if that's what you have to give up to get there....

Mustang from the beginning was always supposed to be a fun to drive, sporty, yet functional car for young families . I guess they got the baby seats part right. [frown]

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
I saw an advertisement for the new "electric mustang". Sad deal (droopy ears emoji). It looks sort of like (especially in the ass end) the abomination that is a mid-late 70s mustangII bred with a modern crossover suburban wife grocery getter. Just a damn shame.

I will give it electric motors will be crazy quicker, and maybe or maybe not faster, than what you can do with gas but man, if that's what you have to give up to get there....

Mustang from the beginning was always supposed to be a fun to drive, sporty, yet functional car for young families . I guess they got the baby seats part right. [frown]
The Mustang Mach E is probably a better fit for your description than a Mustang. Those haven't been functional for families in at least 30 years.

The Mustang Mach E is probably a better fit for your description than a Mustang. Those haven't been functional for families in at least 30 years.
You know you're probably right. I haven't see a mustang since the first ones you could get a kid into without folding them up in a little ball first. Except the mustangII.. That was probably the last good mustang.

You're not a car proud kinda guy hips - why give that little commuter car a beat down on it's looks? Why does it have to look like the old Mustang? Styles change, lifestyles change. Car bodies have changed a lot due to changes in materials and tooling capabilities.

I'm 15 years older than you and am puzzled by your frequent resistance to "new". Changing doesn't mean you were wrong, things change. * I still care about you.

Last edited:
You're not a car proud kinda guy hips - why give that little commuter car a beat down on it's looks? Why does it have to look like the old Mustang? Styles change, lifestyles change. Car bodies have changed a lot due to changes in materials and tooling capabilities.

I'm 15 years older than you and am puzzled by your frequent resistance to "new". Changing doesn't mean you were wrong, things change. * I still care about you.

I'm not resistant to new, I'm just resistant to shitty looking new.
I think the newer ford trucks look nicer than mine for example. My 98 is one of their uglier designs.

On the other hand if you're gonna call something a mustang it shouldn't look like some suburban housewife Karen's crossover.

• Gravy
I'm not resistant to new, I'm just resistant to shitty looking new.
I think the newer ford trucks look nicer than mine for example. My 98 is one of their uglier designs.

On the other hand if you're gonna call something a mustang it shouldn't look like some suburban housewife Karen's crossover.
Is that the one with the most blah taillights ever? Same design era as the 95 Turdus I drove in HS. Everything, including the radio, was an oval in that thing.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Is that the one with the most blah taillights ever? Same design era as the 95 Turdus I drove in HS. Everything, including the radio, was an oval in that thing.
My 96 tardis was like that, everything oval. They advertised it as "you can tell what all the buttons are by feel so you never have to take your eyes off the road". I'm like wtf they're all just ovals.

The new mustang looks sort of mustang-ish in the front but everything behind that is indistinguishable from some middle class moms Hyundai or Kia crossover.
Big fail, imo.

Screenshot_20211026-193027_(1).png
Screenshot_20211026-193045_(1).png

It's just a hatchback/newer version of a 70s mustangII.
The appearance of the front face is the only thing that distinguishes it from any other generic ass looking car, imo.

It might be a really great car, but just going on looks and style I'd never know, because beyond the utilitarian that's what cars are really about, imo.

This might sound sort of harsh and off-color because it is but it's pretty much like asking how would you know if an ugly girl had good pussy?

You wouldn't.

• Haha
It's the same goddamn shape as every other CUV.

But it's balls fast. Like the Porsche Cayenne is a karenmobile CUV too and NoT a ReAl PoRsChE, but it gets a pass as a Porsche because it's balls fast.

Maybe this deserves the same pass. What's worse, this or the slow ass 4cyl fox body "mustangs"?

My 96 tardis was like that, everything oval. They advertised it as "you can tell what all the buttons are by feel so you never have to take your eyes off the road". I'm like wtf they're all just ovals.

The new mustang looks sort of mustang-ish in the front but everything behind that is indistinguishable from some middle class moms Hyundai or Kia crossover.
Big fail, imo.
we all bloat up in our old age.