Ontopic The new car-seching thread

rest of the drivetrain rated for that big of an increase?
My mower was available as an "Agway GT 18/42", which had the same transmission with bigger tires, and different pulleys so the engine put even more torque through the transmission. Should be OK.

My mower was available as an "Agway GT 18/42", which had the same transmission with bigger tires, and different pulleys so the engine put even more torque through the transmission. Should be OK.
hey, ive got the big brother of that one sitting in the equipment yard :p GT Garden Tractor series, nice big front axles, front pto that can take a snowblower, etc

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and gee
I guess in the desert there's no reason to shut it off, lol.
It had a swash plate inside the compressor that adjusted the stroke of the pistons all the way down to 0mm. In operation (with the "Auto" button depressed), the compressor stays engaged unless it was < 30°F(reedumb) outside, so I figured I wasn't limiting lifespan _that_ much.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
It had a swash plate inside the compressor that adjusted the stroke of the pistons all the way down to 0mm. In operation (with the "Auto" button depressed), the compressor stays engaged unless it was < 30°F(reedumb) outside, so I figured I wasn't limiting lifespan _that_ much.
Either there are two people fixing up an ancient Datsun with their fuck-trophies or I just saw your post on Jalopnik.

@gee

Does it matter which way electricity flows through a circuit for the health of the components? I know it doesn't matter from a pure theoretical position, so long as you connect the circuit current will flow, but if I've got a momentary switch activating a solenoid, does it matter if I have hot to the switch and then flowing through the solenoid to ground, or should I have power flowing through the solenoid and the switch is grounded?

@gee

Does it matter which way electricity flows through a circuit for the health of the components? I know it doesn't matter from a pure theoretical position, so long as you connect the circuit current will flow, but if I've got a momentary switch activating a solenoid, does it matter if I have hot to the switch and then flowing through the solenoid to ground, or should I have power flowing through the solenoid and the switch is grounded?
a real solenoid or a solenoid acting as a relay?

@gee

Makes no difference.

Generally automotive stuff has the positive side switched vs the negative side.

Hell yeah someone else watches Kim's Convenience.

Watch some Corner Gas too if you haven't.
We do too... although its less palatable after finding out all the writers were dicks and actually WERE making ethnic jokes at the expense of actors :(