Ontopic The new car-seching thread

been saying this here for years, and every time the insecure men of UF lecture me about how much more of a man I could be if I drove a manual. It's no different then those tosser audiophiles who rant on about how much better vinyl is. Shit is old ass tech. Go mow your lawn with a scythe.
You can't shift an automatic with the selector up your butt

There's a clean last/best year 924 near me for a good price. I really miss rwd but I really shouldn't. AFAIK the bellhousing fits Audi engines of the period and there's a file in my brain with an S1-inspired 5 cylinder in a 924. But what makes the last year good is the Porsche produced 944 engine in them, although if that comes with 944 issues idk.

:/

been saying this here for years, and every time the insecure men of UF lecture me about how much more of a man I could be if I drove a manual. It's no different then those tosser audiophiles who rant on about how much better vinyl is. Shit is old ass tech. Go mow your lawn with a scythe.
If you want to paint by numbers, that's fine. Manuals are more engaging and promote a deep mechanical connection with the car.

If traffic is that bad just leave a nice space cushion and idle along.

There's a clean last/best year 924 near me for a good price. I really miss rwd but I really shouldn't. AFAIK the bellhousing fits Audi engines of the period and there's a file in my brain with an S1-inspired 5 cylinder in a 924. But what makes the last year good is the Porsche produced 944 engine in them, although if that comes with 944 issues idk.

:/
Define "good price"?
If you're paying more than $3k you can do better with one of the other vehicles based off that one (such as the 944)

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Thats what i say, but nooooooo, your sexuality has to be questioned. And lol @ one of the tossers gravying this post. Ironic.
We're not questioning your sexuality, lots of straight dudes put things up their ass. You and your iPad are in good company.

Yeah no. Its always you tards hating and crying when i dont like the same shit.
Maybe it's just you they dont like. ALthough, this is remarkably human engagement for YOU. I mean, you've held in here for 4-5 continuous posts, actually trying to put forth an idea instead of calling us all idiots and leaving.

See, this is NOT a fine start in responding "been saying this here for years, and every time the insecure men of UF ". It doesn't work when you START by calling people assholes.

Last edited:
Define "good price"?
If you're paying more than $3k you can do better with one of the other vehicles based off that one (such as the 944)
I have no desire for a 944's gremlins. I was quoted $7.5k, small gravel lot dealer that always moves sportscars and such, which is below Hagerty's average value. Are prices still fucked from the pandemic?

Last year has a 2.5L Porsche engine (924S), all the others have a 2L VW/Audi. So there's a premium over "just a 924". Wedge with popups and that rear glass hnnnnng. Obviously I need two 3-doors.

Last edited:
Haven't had the time to drive it, but I have looked it over from the outside. Know an indy shop within 3mi that does Porsches all day for a PPI.