Ontopic The new car-seching thread

I have the weirdest boner r/n:

I have the weirdest boner r/n:

Wow, that looks great! I :heart: my Genesis 5.0 and they've on!y been getting better. Mine doesn't suck but the newest interiors blow mine away. They really stepped it up.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Wow, that looks great! I :heart: my Genesis 5.0 and they've on!y been getting better. Mine doesn't suck but the newest interiors blow mine away. They really stepped it up.
I'm not a huge fan of the diamond stitched leather (or really leather in general), but it's a lot better than I would expect from a Hyundai.

Both my cars have cooled front seats and are leather. It totally rocks and I will never own a car without cooled seats again unless its a classic. The Genesis also has deep tint and an electric sunshade that covers the rear window. Every little bit helps.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Fuck yeah, got the GTO rewired. Inverted the starter, ran a 2 ga. cable from the battery post down to the starter post, ran a 4 ga. cable from the battery post to the alternator post, then pulled the two wires that ran from the starter post to the harness and put them up on the alternator post instead.

Also topped up the AC, and got it running again. Should probably pull a lead from the pressure switch to the ECU so that it can jack up the idle mixture a little, but it felt good enough that I didn't feel like it was a "must do" right this second.

Also welded and painted the cart for the roadster body, so that I can roll it around on casters until it's ready to rejoin the frame for good and all.

Fuck yeah, got the GTO rewired. Inverted the starter, ran a 2 ga. cable from the battery post down to the starter post, ran a 4 ga. cable from the battery post to the alternator post, then pulled the two wires that ran from the starter post to the harness and put them up on the alternator post instead.

Also topped up the AC, and got it running again. Should probably pull a lead from the pressure switch to the ECU so that it can jack up the idle mixture a little, but it felt good enough that I didn't feel like it was a "must do" right this second.

Also welded and painted the cart for the roadster body, so that I can roll it around on casters until it's ready to rejoin the frame for good and all.

Waaaay more motivated than I. Wiring gives me nightmare's. Makes me think of long CAT 5 pulls when I was a kid back in the 90's.

• Haha
So I took down the valvetrain on the Datsun again, because it was making a horrendous racket.

Decided to reset it all the way back to the original recommended setup from Isky, so I pulled the cam, the cam towers, the cam tower shims, the rocker arms, the lash pads, and started by double checking the installed heights of the valve springs.

Everything was fine, but I reassembled it without the cam tower shims. Got done setting the lash and checking the wipe pattern, and everything's copacetic, but now it doesn't make any clickety-clackety noises. Dunno why it was so unhappy with the shims, maybe the height altered the force vector on the valve stem just enough that it was side-loading it in the guide or something.

• Gravy
Went to Cars and Coffee this morning and no clicky clacky valvetrain embarassing me.

I should take the valve cover off to check, think I'll do that after I grind out the top of the strut mount in the rear.

Lifter tick?
No hydraulic lifters.

On the passenger side, there's a pivot adjustment to raise or lower the pivot. On the driver side, there's a lash pad that sits on top of the valve.

You're supposed to get the valve lash to the cam card's spec (.010" cold for me), then check the wipe pattern on the rocker arm's wipe pad. I just color it with a big sharpie, run the cam across it, and where the sharpie is gone, that's the wipe pattern. Then, if it's good, run it. If it's not good, you get a different thickness lash pad.

• Gravy