Ontopic The new car-seching thread

I'm going to check that in a minute. Luckily, there's a plug under the hood where I can do that. If another one is bad, I'm going to punch myself cause this:

With the valve body on the bench, I said, "Hey self, you should probably check the other ones just in case." Then, "Nah, it's totally just this one."

edit: Also, I can't do a relearn. Although I guess I could make an appointment with the dealer.
Why you take all that shit apart and not check them all while you in there? :)

Although multiple failures all at once likely have some other root cause. They not gonna all shit the bed at the exact same time by coincidence...maybe. Unless one could somehow start a cascading deal but that doesn't sound right.

Why you take all that shit apart and not check them all while you in there? :)

Although multiple failures all at once likely have some other root cause. They not gonna all shit the bed at the exact same time by coincidence...maybe. Unless one could somehow start a cascading deal but that doesn't sound right.
Dude, because I'm a fucking idiot. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: HipHugHer
coming from a place of ignorance... but does the TCU need to have its codes cleared too? The ECU is just receiving a code from the tcu afterall, how does the tcu know its been fixed.

coming from a place of ignorance... but does the TCU need to have its codes cleared too? The ECU is just receiving a code from the tcu afterall, how does the tcu know its been fixed.
I wondered about this as well. In the video I watched, there were two places the guy cleared codes. Obviously, I only have access to one. However, it seems odd that it would let me clear shit, then take 2-3 miles before coming back on, no?

since you didnt get stuck someplace when this was happening before the solenoid fix, id be tempted to take it out and try to reproduce actual symptoms rather than jsut codes

I wondered about this as well. In the video I watched, there were two places the guy cleared codes. Obviously, I only have access to one. However, it seems odd that it would let me clear shit, then take 2-3 miles before coming back on, no?
I would absolutely assume that whatever's set codes is an ongoing concern if it set them after a brief interlude.

since you didnt get stuck someplace when this was happening before the solenoid fix, id be tempted to take it out and try to reproduce actual symptoms rather than jsut codes
I've never had any symptoms.

Also, I feel a bit better in that all the solenoids just read out fine. So there isn't a bad one in there that I should have replaced, but didn't.

I've never had any symptoms.

Also, I feel a bit better in that all the solenoids just read out fine. So there isn't a bad one in there that I should have replaced, but didn't.
i thought you had something at highway speed