Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Supposedly not needed for this.

Since my scanner can't read the actual codes from the TCU, I don't even know what the issue is. So now I *really* can't drive it. I ordered the one that may be able to, but it won't be here until tomorrow.
All the solenoids still ohm out at the correct values?

If so, I would at least consider trying a re-learn.

Supposedly not needed for this.

Since my scanner can't read the actual codes from the TCU, I don't even know what the issue is. So now I *really* can't drive it. I ordered the one that may be able to, but it won't be here until tomorrow.
It doesn't give you a manufacturer code you can just Google?

It doesn't give you a manufacturer code you can just Google?
he doesn't have the capability to get to the code to google it.

OBD-II just gives you a P0700 which is "Hey, something's fucky with the transmission". There's no real standard to reach down into the TCU to get the specific codes from there.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and fly
subaru is stupid, and has a whole set of sub-codes that you need the special proprietary reader for.

It throws a a standard odb code... but all that code says is "go read the special code"
That's not just Subaru, that's just about everybody. It's built into the OBD-II spec.

Aso. Mine will just say manufacturer code and a number, then you just punch in your phone "Subaru manf code 1234" or whatever, but I don't think I've had it on anything as new as 2012, or a Subaru of any kind.

All the solenoids still ohm out at the correct values?

If so, I would at least consider trying a re-learn.
I'm going to check that in a minute. Luckily, there's a plug under the hood where I can do that. If another one is bad, I'm going to punch myself cause this:

With the valve body on the bench, I said, "Hey self, you should probably check the other ones just in case." Then, "Nah, it's totally just this one."

edit: Also, I can't do a relearn. Although I guess I could make an appointment with the dealer.