The Nastiest Food Evar!

Head Cheese ftw

head_cheese.jpg

Head cheese (AmE) or brawn (BrE) is in fact not a cheese, but rather a terrine of meat from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow) that would not otherwise be considered appealing. It may also include meat from the feet and heart. It is usually eaten cold or at room temperature as a luncheon meat.

Historically the cleaned (all organs removed) head was simmered to produce a gelatin (which would form from the bone marrow) containing any incidental meat which came off the head. The more modern method involves adding gelatin to meat, which is then cooked in a mold.

it's actually northern food, Pennsylvania dutch heritage. Seems common in eastern PA

Really? Who knew? I've always heard scrapple referred to as soul food and just assumed that it was a southern thing.

edit: not that there's any shortage of soul food around Philly and Baltimore.

alligator is chewy, I didn't like the texture at all.
I looooove alligator :drool:

Weird meats I've had include squirrel, possum, ostrich, antelope... there might be more, but off the top of my head that's it. I've had pheasant, grouse, other birds like that but I don't think it's that weird... smoked eel was actually very tasty.

I've had pickled eggs, they weren't totaly awful, and I don't like spicy food, but I actually liked kimchi a little.

I looooove alligator :drool:

Weird meats I've had include squirrel, possum, ostrich, antelope... there might be more, but off the top of my head that's it. I've had pheasant, grouse, other birds like that but I don't think it's that weird... smoked eel was actually very tasty.

I've had pickled eggs, they weren't totaly awful, and I don't like spicy food, but I actually liked kimchi a little.

I've done ostrich, it was nothing unusual. Pickled eggs and beets are a staple around christmas at our house. JJ made me eat eel once at a sushi bar, I did not enjoy it.

I have had caribou stew before and that was to die for :drool:

My mom saw some froze meat in our deep freeze freezer from 2 years before and thought to cook it up before it went bad. Turned out to be caribou (reindeer) from a Canada trip my dad had done prior that she forgot about. That was the tastiest (and most expensive) stew ever :drool:

It doesnt matter how horney it will get them, I will be sickened by watching them down. And seriously how many hot chicks have you seen eating oysters, haha

tn_Girl%20with%20Oysters%20-%202005.jpg

Quote for the pic: "I'm not bulimic, I just cant keep these nasty things down. Blarphraf ugh..."

beerad, i could have sworn there was a situation a few eeks ago... lets see, you and i were sitting by a pool........ you leaned over and looked at me with those puppy eyes of yours... and said, damn, that was the worst food ive ever tasted!

beerad, i could have sworn there was a situation a few eeks ago... lets see, you and i were sitting by a pool........ you leaned over and looked at me with those puppy eyes of yours... and said, damn, that was the worst food ive ever tasted!

Shawn? That must be shawn cause I dont understand what you typed, haha

I have had caribou stew before and that was to die for :drool:

My mom saw some froze meat in our deep freeze freezer from 2 years before and thought to cook it up before it went bad. Turned out to be caribou (reindeer) from a Canada trip my dad had done prior that she forgot about. That was the tastiest (and most expensive) stew ever :drool:

I have to agree caribou is extremely tasty. My cousins live in Alaska and are hunters, so they always have some in their freezer.

I think the nastiest thing I've personally eaten is caviar. It is not good and I have no idea why people spend tons of money on it.

i've had rattlesnake before. it tasted like chicken. :) i agree that alligator has a funky texture, but it's not horrible.