Baby The Nanny State

Amstel

The Hoarse Whisperer
Jul 12, 2009
you're a whore, but in a good way. Kindof.
Marklar
₥43,517
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilc...ail&utm_term=0_9471dd8540-0c31fb4692-12830973

Illinois to the rescue. . .

(705 ILCS 405/2-3) (from Ch. 37, par. 802-3)
Sec. 2-3. Neglected or abused minor.
(1) Those who are neglected include:

(d) any minor under the age of 14 years whose parent
or other person responsible for the minor's welfare leaves the minor without supervision for an unreasonable period of time without regard for the mental or physical health, safety, or welfare of that minor;

any minor under the age of 14 years whose parent
or other person responsible for the minor's welfare leaves the minor without supervision for an unreasonable period of time without regard for the mental or physical health, safety, or welfare of that minor;

To me that says if you leave a snack and a phone# then it's still OK to have latch key kids.

did they walk home alone? this is apparently an important question. And do you actually think that "Your Honor, I left an apple and my cell phone on the counter" = OK?

after they talk to the kid and find out they arent abused i think you'll be fine.

govt isnt out to take kids away.

unless you live in kansas and promote pot.

after they talk to the kid and find out they arent abused i think you'll be fine.

govt isnt out to take kids away.

unless you live in kansas and promote pot.

Ah. So your 8th grader gets to go to school and talk with friends about how the police came over when he was home babysitting. And he called his mom from his cell phone the police are here.

And you get to tell your neighbors that your 8th grader was doing homework at home 'when the cops showed up.'

To me, that's shit ain't 'fine.' :mad:

I think you're not understanding the law, the target isn't decent parents, the target is shit parents neglecting their kids. Ammo for court.

I think you're not understanding the law, the target isn't decent parents, the target is shit parents neglecting their kids. Ammo for court.

Oh, I understand. We're trying to do the impossible. Legislate the stupidity out of people.

Next up: Welcome to IL, where the taxpayers pay for your IL approved daycare for everyone under age 14 so they don't have to be left alone 'cuz something 'might' happen.

This is of course because the sages of IL have figured concluded for the rest of us that once you turn 14 nothing will happen.

Slippery Slope.

Oh, I understand. We're trying to do the impossible. Legislate the stupidity out of people.

Next up: Welcome to IL, where the taxpayers pay for your IL approved daycare for everyone under age 14 so they don't have to be left alone 'cuz something 'might' happen.

Slippery Slope.

hell if that was the case I would move to IL and save myself like 10k a year