the life and times of a moose

moose

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Marklar
₥0
(fly asked me to make a thread, and here it is. :heart: fly)

In the past week I have:

0. Become puzzed as to what I should do with my life.
1. Realized I need new pants and shoes.
2. Remembered I still owe my school $407.70.
3. Over the last year I forgot how much time relationships suck up. Holy shit.

I'm not sure what I want to do with my life. I am beginning to realize that a computer science degree is probably not for me. I do not want to be a code monkey for the rest of my life, but would like to get a cheezy job doing network administration for someone. That would be fantastic. I know many CS alumni get network admin jobs, but I hate the program at my school. There's also degree here called "MIS" which is another computer degree, but pretty boring for someone like me. It's mostly business classes, a little visual basic and english, with a touch of cinnamon. I suppose I could switch to a community college, or just drop out and try to get some certifications. I really don't know. Which reminds, me I should probably update my resume.

I need some new clothes. I only have two pairs of pants that fit well, and the rest just don't fit anymore. One is stained on the right leg from some cooking spill (probably not cookies or pizza). The second is a pair of jeans, and it's getting pretty frayed at the bottom of the legs. My shoes come untied every few blocks, which sucks. They have the round laces, the kind that wear out really quickly. They still are the original ones, and have finally decided to shed the outer covering of the laces, exposing the white insides. I honestly have no idea how long I have had them, it actually might be 1.5 years. I think it's time for a new pair of shoes.

I still owe my school $407.70 for tuition. The zero and six keys no longer work on my cell phone. I still have six months left on the contract. I need the opteron server I bought to be parked somewhere (please, do it this weekend. please. please. pleaaaase.). I need to find a summer job that pays more that $9/hr, is not phone support, and not have crappy hours. I need to find an apartment for next year. I need to have my roommate pay me back for the 512mb stick of mushkin RAM I bought for him 6 months ago. I need to plan another LAN party before summer. I need to organize a LUG on campus.

However, none of this stuff got done in the last week. In fact, this last week was probably one of the most unproductive weeks of my life. I probably touched the Internet less in the last week than anytime in the last three years.

Yeah, it's really sad. But on the bright side, it was one of the most happy weeks of my life.

I met the most wonderful girl in the world last Sunday, and asked her out. We really hit it off, and spent the entire week doing absolutely nothing. It was amazing. I haven't been in a relationship for some time, and forgot how much time a one can suck up. Yikes.

In conculsion, I really don't care about the things above. I'm happy, and I hope you all are too. :heart:

Last edited:
wr3kt said:
Tiring.
I'll hold onto your opteron if you want me too.
:shifty:

i think it's actually getting plugged in either this weekend or the next one

thanks for the offer though ;)

moose said:
i think it's actually getting plugged in either this weekend or the next one

thanks for the offer though ;)

My bitchin 768/128 dsl would have been awesome for it.
Your loss though!!! Totally!

wr3kt said:
My bitchin 768/128 dsl would have been awesome for it.
Your loss though!!! Totally!

muahaha

just got upgraded to 5mbit

:heart: RR!

5mbitlol.PNG

moose said:
muahaha

just got upgraded to 5mbit

:heart: RR!

[im]http://moose.cc/uploaded/5mbitlol.PNG[/img]

Verizon finished laying fiber in this neighborhood.
So close.