The Languages Thread

Veeery interesting, all of you.

PT, I have Rosetta Stone in Korean, but I totally did not find it helpful. Would you recommend the program? I'm still thinking about picking up the Chinese version on eBay.

Veeery interesting, all of you.

PT, I have Rosetta Stone in Korean, but I totally did not find it helpful. Would you recommend the program? I'm still thinking about picking up the Chinese version on eBay.

if demonoid was up I would send you an invite. they have all of them.
anyone have a good demonoid replacement??

Ghost is occasionally doing Rosetta Stone in German, I haven't had a chance to pull it up and start it yet, but maybe he'll pop in later and tell you what he thinks.

I prefer private. the last thing I need is to be the unlucky chump that the RIAA or MPAA gets ahold of

I prefer private. the last thing I need is to be the unlucky chump that the RIAA or MPAA gets ahold of

Well, they do only go after the uploaders, not the downloaders, so, if you play the leech role and take the file offline once the download completes, chances are very very small of you getting blasted.

They aren't going after the lawsuit path anymore though.

Portuguese is my weakest.
I need to take lessons to teach my son, as his dad is Brazilian and at some point we plan on going there for good.
Tell me when you plan on moving there for good. I might have to bum it with you for a few days :cool: We can trade off between Hawaii and Brazil!

My Japanese is good enough to have a conversation, although I have to work on reading. I hope by moving to Hawaii I'll have a great opportunity to expand my vocabulary.

I know very little portuguese but the little I did know gave me the impression it was like a mix of spanish and french. it didn't seem difficult with that understanding

Well, they do only go after the uploaders, not the downloaders, so, if you play the leech role and take the file offline once the download completes, chances are very very small of you getting blasted.

They aren't going after the lawsuit path anymore though.

The worst that has happened to me from one of the free sites is that I got a letter stating that it was known that I downloaded a movie and I needed to delete it at once. There were no fines or anything. It was a bizarre letter, but it came from Verizon.

I just caught myself saying "awn skeet" meaning (on skit), so I guess I do have a tiny bit of an Aussie accent here and there. (was talking about acting..."on skit") I always catch myself though, so it actually doesn't go unnoticed by me.

OK, I know that's not a language. I don't give a fawwwk, it's relevant!

if people are going to factor in latin names for origins of items in science, then you don't speak latin. same as i don't because i know latin origin names, i can't speak it.

sayonara also means sandals in spanish.

"omg girl, i love those sayonaras, they match your purse"
Seriously? That's awesome.

Last night I spent like an hour going over Japanese flashcards. I figure I'm going to have to do this everyday from now until class starts because I'm starting third year jap but forgot a lotta shit.

It sucks because unless I drive 25-30 minutes to Little Tokyo, I have nobody to practice it with. Except for that one time I went to Glendale and there was a huge tour bus full of Japanese people. I had a heart attack. I sounded like a nip out of hell!