Advice The 'I Can't Hear You Because Of My Awesome Headphones' thread

Unless you're working in a really noisy environment, you're probably better off with closed back versus active cancellation.

My co-worker has a set of Sennheiser 558s. Very comfy and very quiet, and price is pretty decent.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Unless you're working in a really noisy environment, you're probably better off with closed back versus active cancellation.

My co-worker has a set of Sennheiser 558s. Very comfy and very quiet, and price is pretty decent.
I have the audio technica athm70x and shure srh440's, both with very decent isolation, but they don't really do the job. I really do use the 35's way more than i thought i would.

alright mine aren't fancy or noise cancelly, but I just have a pair of Hesh 2s and they work pretty decent for me. they're not high quality, but they do the trick drowning out office noise, they're big ol over ear buddies which is good because my ear canals are too tiny to comfortably wear ear buds for a long time, and the audio cable is detachable/replaceable which is good bc that's always the part I wreck first on headphones. on mine, the part where the actual speaker bit attaches to the plastic bit that goes against the ear keeks coming loose, but it's an easy enough fix, I fixed it once and just didn't secure it with anything. they were like $60.

You could go closed-can headphones instead. Just block all sound with physical isolation rather than cancelling waveforms.

This is the cheaper choice.
Picked up some Hesh 2 headphones half a year back. Can't hear shit with them on and music on. Even with music off they are nicely muffled.

I'm gonna have to put any headphones from skullcandy off the list as the large skull logo, while most likely not a thing, isn't something I'm going to be wearing around the office here. No need to promote imagery of death. I doubt anyone would give a shit except there is always that one person...

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I'm gonna have to put any headphones from skullcandy off the list as the large skull logo, while most likely not a thing, isn't something I'm going to be wearing around the office here. No need to promote imagery of death. I doubt anyone would give a shit except there is always that one person...
that's totally fair, I'm not around patients anymore, and the skulls on the black ones I have are pretty small. you could tape over them if that was the only thing holding you back.

the black ones just have the smallish logo on the two sides of the headband, not giant ones on the can. you might could even paint them if you wanted.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
My 2 cents; I do gaming headphones. I've never been an audiophile, and mics are a must if I'm going to have a huge contraption sitting on my head. I'm more about the comfort of the head set since I wear them pretty much all day at work, and a couple of hours after work at home while gaming.

Im currently using the Plantronics RIG 500. There are not noise cancelling. However they come with 2 sets of headphones, and the closed cup ones to reduce a lot of outside noise. Mind you I got them to avoid hearing my coworker's heavy breathing and other annoying bodily noises. Construction work will more than like be too loud for the same effect with these headphones.

That one person is the reason i would wear them

5222732745_d47720afc3_z.jpg