The house that zengoat built

but if it trips, theres a button on one of the outlets that lets us reset it, we don't have to go down to the breaker box to reset it.

Then you have a GFCI outlet feeding the other outlets and protecting them at the same time.

Perfectly fine in terms of code.

GFCI outlets have a specific in and out, sometimes two outs. One out is for GFCI protection, the other out is simply a pass through for where you don't want GFCI protection.

Okay, looking at this picture

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1861/dsc01871wf6.jpg

the outlet to the right of the stove, if that trips, then the reset button is on the outlet by the sink (which is to the right of the stove)

in the bathroom... the outlet that is over the tub... if that trips, the button for it to reset is in the outlet to the left of the sink....

so it's the outlet with the reset button thingie, but it's like... one outlet of reset buttons in the room controls all of the outlets in that room... does that make sense?

Yes, you're fine.

Okay, looking at this picture

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1861/dsc01871wf6.jpg

the outlet to the right of the stove, if that trips, then the reset button is on the outlet by the sink (which is to the right of the stove)

in the bathroom... the outlet that is over the tub... if that trips, the button for it to reset is in the outlet to the left of the sink....

so it's the outlet with the reset button thingie, but it's like... one outlet of reset buttons in the room controls all of the outlets in that room... does that make sense?

not if you don't want to "reboot" everything else on the circuit I would think

It isn't the whole room though, just the outlets within reach of the water. :p

hitting the reset button will "reboot" everything on the circuit...whether that encompasses the whole room or not I don't know...I didn't wire it :p

hitting the reset button will "reboot" everything on the circuit...whether that encompasses the whole room or not I don't know...I didn't wire it :p

but the button only needs to be pushed if it trips, in which case everything would be turned off anyway. :lol:

it's like 2 outlets, serios what's the big deal?

but the button only needs to be pushed if it trips, in which case everything would be turned off anyway. :lol:

it's like 2 outlets, serios what's the big deal?

valid point...if I come to your house and your vcr is blinking 12:00, I'll know why :p

valid point...if I come to your house and your vcr is blinking 12:00, I'll know why :p

I'm going to kick you in the peepee

This is a serios miscommunication right here, it is... if I was an outlet in my kitchen I'd be tripped right now.