The house that zengoat built

Wow, THAT is awesome. omfg I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I need a new job.

We totally lucked into it, the builder had dropped prices over 50k when we went there, and all of the add ons had been reduced as well... like a week after we signed all of our contracts, all of the prices went back up again, and within days of us securing financing, the FHA redid all of their mortgage guidelines and stuff... all of this really fell into place by the grace of some higher power and worked out so we could afford to do it... we would never have been able to afford anything like this otherwise.

So you guys need to come back to Chicago. I have TWO guest rooms now!!!

What, no GFCI outlets on the kitchen counter or in the bathroom? :fly:

Is that up to code?

Everything within reaching distance of water is on a GFCI ... but the many outlets all pop on one... so instead of having a reset button for each outlet, theres one reset button that serves all of the outlets on a circuit.

Cool.

What neighboorhood? I need to pick up some copper.

PS. Congrats on the shiney new homestead. You realize this makes you all kinds of legitimate now.

What, no GFCI outlets on the kitchen counter or in the bathroom? :fly:

Is that up to code?
the whole circuit is probably protected at the breaker. it's cheaper than installing indiviually protected outlets.

beaten like a redheaded changeling.

Last edited:
the whole circuit is probably protected at the breaker. it's cheaper than installing indiviually protected outlets.

beaten like a redheaded changeling.

but if it trips, theres a button on one of the outlets that lets us reset it, we don't have to go down to the breaker box to reset it.

Okay, looking at this picture

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1861/dsc01871wf6.jpg

the outlet to the right of the stove, if that trips, then the reset button is on the outlet by the sink (which is to the right of the stove)

in the bathroom... the outlet that is over the tub... if that trips, the button for it to reset is in the outlet to the left of the sink....

so it's the outlet with the reset button thingie, but it's like... one outlet of reset buttons in the room controls all of the outlets in that room... does that make sense?