the house i'm house sitting is going to ignite

InfluX

Flaccid Member
Apr 1, 2006
the last frontier.
Marklar
₥0
i'm housesitting/dog sitting for a guy who has four boston terriers and a brussels griffon. these dogs have what i believe to be the absolute worst gas in the universe. i can't figure it out. they don't eat people food, just dry kibble. i also can't tell if its just one or two or all of them. it's horrible. and disgustingly hilarious at the same time. i mean, the smell is so bad that it has woken me up from a deep sleep twice.

i'm supposed to be here for twelve more days. somebody help me remedy the situation or at least make it more bearable. all suggestions welcome.

Give them plain vanilla yogart. Doesn't have to be a lot, maybe 1/2 cup each before they eat their dog food.

Dogs get gas when they aren't properly digesting their food. Sounds like the dog food this person is feeding their dogs isn't agreeing with one or all of their tummies.

The yogart will help their digestion. It may or may not make it go completely away .. depending on what exactly is causing it. But if it's from the food they are eating .. it should calm/tone it down.

Treats can also cause gas.

i appreciate the serious reply. seriously.

the dogs really don't get anything in the way of treats, all the bostons are show dogs or show dog producers, if that makes sense (which is why i'm surprised as hell he actually entrusted them to me) so i know their food is quality as far as dog food goes. but that makes sense, i'll bring it up with him when he gets back. he may be so used to the smell that he doesn't notice it much anymore.

I know how bad it can be lol. My doberman Rusty had the worst gas known to man. You couldn't stay in the room with him, literally .. you had to leave til it dispersed.

Some dogs are just like people, some food just doesn't agree with them. Rusty got ahold of some peanut butter cookies once .. I had to put the dog outside for 3 days. It was HORRIBLE.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/gas.htm

http://www.sniksnak.com/doghealth/gas.html (according to this, it could also be because of the breed the dog is too)

Last edited:
my friend had a boston terrier who had horrible gas as well. i don't know much about dogs, but couldn't it be a breed thing? i know you don't want to hear that. good luck...i wouldn't make it!

it's funny cause I coined a term just about an hour ago:

Ventrili-farting

It's when the missus farts layin in bed, says "Jordan!" (our dog's name) when the dog has been let out to potty.

what if the dogs are lactose intolerant?! booooo yogurt!!!

it's funny cause I coined a term just about an hour ago:

Ventrili-farting

It's when the missus farts layin in bed, says "Jordan!" (our dog's name) when the dog has been let out to potty.

what if the dogs are lactose intolerant?! booooo yogurt!!!

I was thinking yogurt might "backfire" as a remedy as well :lol:

hi there influx...since you're bored and stuck in a house full of flatulent dogs, I think this would be a wonderful opportunity for you to post many pics of your sexy self :hi2u: