the HOTlanta meat 10/13 - 10/15

Throwing out ideas that have been talked about on the board before:

I'd be willing to take/teach/mentor anyone to a gun range here (Lawrenceville) to rent and shoot fully-automatic firearms, if we have enough interest to make it a group activity. I will even pay for it all.

Actually, I will do the same for any locals anytime they'd like to go.

I thought this was in October?

This weekend is not good unless you guys do something on Friday. Saturday im Skydiving and that likely will take most of the day and sunday Im going to Japanfest at Stone Mountain and working that evening. I know I said I would be there but the obligations im in I can't change.

SpyderGST said:
Throwing out ideas that have been talked about on the board before:

I'd be willing to take/teach/mentor anyone to a gun range here (Lawrenceville) to rent and shoot fully-automatic firearms, if we have enough interest to make it a group activity. I will even pay for it all.

Actually, I will do the same for any locals anytime they'd like to go.

The indoor range on Peachtree Industrial? I'm in for learning how to shoot! I hate being a gun newb. :(

Ryokurin said:
I thought this was in October?
It is in October silly!

Pandora said:
The indoor range on Peachtree Industrial? I'm in for learning how to shoot! I hate being a gun newb. :(

I've been to that range on PIB, but not in a few years. Don't know if they rent full-auto guns (the fun ones), but the one I drive to in Lawrenceville does.

There's a range in Stone Mountain (closest range to my house) that rents pistols, if that's close to you. I have a few pistols of varying calibers and I would be more than willing to teach anyone intersted in learning to shoot.

Ok, hobos. This is what I'm doing that weekend. I'd suggest posting your schedule of "want to do" so that we figure out what people are leaning towards. We don't all have to do the same thing at the same time, you know.

Thursday night : I'm down with going to this place if I'm not too tired from being at work.

Friday : Going to see Niki in the Garden at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens http://www.atlantabotanicalgarden.org/events/EventView.do?eventId=58 Sweetwater sounds interesting after that. I'm guessing I'll be took drunk to be interested in going to Dave and Busters, but we'll see.

Saturday : I'm sitting on my patio and getting loaded while cooking half a pig worth of meat. I've loaded up on apple, cherry, and pecan wood, so this should be a good one. There will be periodic Guitar Hero breaks. Pants optional.

Sunday : Its the opening weekend of Lourve in Atlanta http://www.louvreatlanta.org/en/home/ and I'm going.

So ya. Do what you want. As long as we get together to chill at night, people should just go and do whatever will make the happiest during the day.

No one is ever going to be completly happy and we will be lucky to all se eachother 2 nights of the weekend...I'm so glad that I don't have to plan this one! :happy:
What are the dates again...I have to see if I can get any time off work.

And/or WAW,theac, or myself can probably get very cheap tickets for it through work...

good point. i guess just figure out how much a regular ticket is and divide in in half. if you can get a price per ticket cheaper than that, that's great!! i don't even know if anyone's interested or has planned on it, but thought i'd throw it out there.

what are some other places where turner people can get discounts?

good point. i guess just figure out how much a regular ticket is and divide in in half. if you can get a price per ticket cheaper than that, that's great!! i don't even know if anyone's interested or has planned on it, but thought i'd throw it out there.

what are some other places where turner people can get discounts?

I get tickets for 29.99 through my work.

20% off Best Western
and a percentage off of rental cars.

So I can't get off fo work early. We will be arriving around 10 or 11 on Friday night, so I ya'll are still up to do something then we will be there. I plan to marinate with TheAc & Pandora on Saturday ;) Don't know how long his meat is...I mean how long it will take to cook, but I'd like to swing by CJ's Landing on Saturday night to see Gbanjah play. If anyone else is interested let me know. I'll drink early and sober up to take anyone with me who wants to go. They aren't playing till 10 so we should have plenty of time to eat!

http://www.myspace.com/ggbanjah

FYI: the weather is supposed to be cold this weekend. i think friday is mid-50s and saturday mid-60s. my advice is to check the weather before you pack and bring a jacket! :D