Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Also, if you do take that route and still worry about deflection, just frame it top, bottom, and exterior side in 2x12 or 2x16 (depending on how deep you want the shelf to go)

Once those fuckers are tied in you could have someone run into them and not have em move.

And the wide ledge will be perfect for kitties

8Xjzeg0.jpg
wow... this looks great. The piece of furniture i mean. I really like it. Any chance you know where I could find something similar?

Finally ordered my Zigbee fan controller. I was tired of having a second remote on the coffee table. IIRC, it was like $45 shipped, which aint too bad.

edit: So now I can just say, "Alexa turn the fan up." I love living in the future.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon and Valve1138
Man, I'd love to stand outside your house with a megaphone and just start hollering shit.

ALEXA TURN THE LIGHTS OFF ALEXA TURN THE FAN TO MAX ALEXA ROLL DOWN THE BLINDS ALEXA OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR ALEXA TURN OFF THE AC ALEXA TURN ON MY ASS VIBRATOR

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke and Jehannum
Man, I'd love to stand outside your house with a megaphone and just start hollering shit.

ALEXA TURN THE LIGHTS OFF ALEXA TURN THE FAN TO MAX ALEXA ROLL DOWN THE BLINDS ALEXA OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR ALEXA TURN OFF THE AC ALEXA TURN ON MY ASS VIBRATOR
Which is why they're going to be rolling out owner recognition...