Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

I have one. But I didn't know there were also outlets on the same circuit. And I don't have a ghetto plug light socket thing.
Yeah, but I don't use the ghetto plug light socket thing except for when I need to dick around with the electrical.

It's a convenient thing to have for that.

But go ahead and discount some valid advice.

finally finished the nursery floor, only 9 months after the kid was born. Making the baseboards this weekend.

c1zrNm9.jpg

8EBcfNm.jpg

10 inch white oak
started with a tree
milled it
brought it to s4s and put tongue and groove on it (did an absolute shit job of the tongue and groove, which made life very difficult)
installed after leveling the floor
finished with Bona Mega

Should last another 100 years. Feels good man. Lots of lessons learned, but im glad i did it myself.

finally finished the nursery floor, only 9 months after the kid was born. Making the baseboards this weekend.

c1zrNm9.jpg

8EBcfNm.jpg

10 inch white oak
started with a tree
milled it
brought it to s4s and put tongue and groove on it (did an absolute shit job of the tongue and groove, which made life very difficult)
installed after leveling the floor
finished with Bona Mega

Should last another 100 years. Feels good man. Lots of lessons learned, but im glad i did it myself.
That floor is beautiful!

I repaired the bracket that holds the motor part of my ice maker up in the freezer.

Fucker broke off in such a way that the motor couldn't turn the screw in the ice tray anymore to allow it to send ice cubes down the chute.

So I fiberglassed that fucker back together with a bunch of epoxy, then shaped it down on my bench sander, and put it all back together, and it works now.

</another installment of my boring life>

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
I repaired the bracket that holds the motor part of my ice maker up in the freezer.

Fucker broke off in such a way that the motor couldn't turn the screw in the ice tray anymore to allow it to send ice cubes down the chute.

So I fiberglassed that fucker back together with a bunch of epoxy, then shaped it down on my bench sander, and put it all back together, and it works now.

</another installment of my boring life>
This is what a 3D printer is for

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I put up a new light at our front door, finally getting rid of the old contractor grade one. Also added a Hue bulb to it. So now when we get home, it automatically turns on. It also turns on when the Ring detects motion at night. :D