Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

that would be amazing, but its not available on my road :/

This has been a killer winter for house repairs :( Well pressure tank went out, 500 bucks in furnace repairs caused by the crap in the tank, 550 bucks to clean the tank, burning oil at an excessive rate due to all that, etc.

Natural Gas is great. Love our furnaces and hot water heater.

Gonna do a solar hot water thing eventually, to at least preheat the bitch ass cold we'll water we have before it gets the water heater.
Solar water heaters have a pretty sexy payoff time. I've never seen a study, but I wonder how much roof heat gain they reduce as well.

after reading, that falls into the "no shit" category. Of course they are.

They have evidence of doing it prior to ukraine invasion, as well as in georgia prior to that invasion. Its russias modus operandi to hit with a cyberattack, targeting infrastructure and the grid, before a physical attack.

Where the tinfoilyness comes in is if you think russia would have the balls/insanity to attack the united states physically.

after reading, that falls into the "no shit" category. Of course they are.

They have evidence of doing it prior to ukraine invasion, as well as in georgia prior to that invasion. Its russias modus operandi to hit with a cyberattack, targeting infrastructure and the grid, before a physical attack.

Where the tinfoilyness comes in is if you think russia would have the balls/insanity to attack the united states physically.

I don't think they'd even have to and they know it. Just plant the seed in peoples heads. It's like how after every shooting now " WAS IT A TERRIST!?!?!?!??!???! deeeerp".

We may do solar with battery backup sooner rather than later. I got a bit tinfoily with the Russian shit on that Vermont power company laptop.
I'm half-way looking at the same thing, but I've gotten answers in both the positive and negative about whether it's legal to disconnect from our power grid locally.

I wouldn't have to expand the solar array much, but I would have to get an inverter that supported the battery bank.

I'm half-way looking at the same thing, but I've gotten answers in both the positive and negative about whether it's legal to disconnect from our power grid.

I wouldn't have to expand the solar array much, but I would have to get an inverter that supported the battery bank.

the more expensive but cover your ass way would be to put in a second electrical panel that's connected to the grid, and just have like your porch light connected to it. have your panels run your existing panel with everything else on it.

your electric bill will be like 50 cents/month but you'll still be on the grid so everyone should be happy right?

the more expensive but cover your ass way would be to put in a second electrical panel that's connected to the grid, and just have like your porch light connected to it. have your panels run your existing panel with everything else on it.

your electric bill will be like 50 cents/month but you'll still be on the grid so everyone should be happy right?
My electric bill would be the same it is now, $7.88 (a $7 "connection fee", plus taxes).

The problem is getting permits to do any of that other shit. Anti-islanding is no joke.