Ontopic The Home Improvement thread

Here's my living room/dining room:

attachment.php

I want to paint the two small walls marked with an 'x' in a different color. This room is too yellow. I like the yellow because it is sunny, but I think it needs something to break it up. I was thinking orange. What do you all think?

duke! i love the colors! very chic.
im about to paint my house too... picking colors is very stressful for me... its like FAWWWWWWK which of the 23978524376524387 colors out there should i get.

this is my livingroom right now (kiko is in there somewhere)
i haz nooo clue what to do with mah walls

76d2onrsjs6g4royrehd.jpg

i love mocha, but i think i already carry too many brown tones with everything else.

:(

Maybe a medium dull redish color? could be a light burnt sienna. Or maybe a muted green would be nice.

A dark but vivid red would work, too, but it might darken the room too much. You don't have too many light sources in there.

If you like the feeling of the islands, have more plants. But I like that first picture, too. A bit too yellow for my tastes, but not bad.

So, here's my reasoning for wanting to break up the colors in my painting. You can see my living room, dining room, and kitchen all open into each other. The main wall (the one that will be the apple crisp) is the one running the length of the living room and dining room. I need something to help differentiate the rooms in a way were it's not all one color.

Pretty sure I'm going to stick with the apple crisp (or some similar flavor. lol get it, flavor) alone the one long 27' wall. Might do something more brown based along the other walls, like a sand.

ooor, or maybe a slate. (scurry's off to home depot site)

attachment.php

Could you not break it up with furniture/floor pieces? Like a large floor piece different for each section? Or wall treatment like a faux finish or stripping so there is enough breaking up already that it won't look like "separate, but equal" rooms?