Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

I need electric down at the garden for a new fence charger.

There’s a leaching field easement for the neighbors in the way.

I think I’ll just bury some UF 12” and call it a day. Prolly run some PEX too while I’m at it.

150’ distance.
Just rent a trencher, digging a 150 foot trench of any depth will suck. Also... I'm pretty sure we've had this convo before and it ended with me insulting you for not wanting to use your ferd efteen thousand to move a trencher .

But in case my memory is faulty, run some outdoor rated cat6 as well in the trench.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Just rent a trencher, digging a 150 foot trench of any depth will suck. Also... I'm pretty sure we've had this convo before and it ended with me insulting you for not wanting to use your ferd efteen thousand to move a trencher .

But in case my memory is faulty, run some outdoor rated cat6 as well in the trench.

Prolly.

Still not renting a trencher.

So my landlady

Has a 20ft plywood powerboat she wants disposed of and she doesnt want to pay anyone to haul it off

So I was like, I could get a mini excavator and drag it into the middle of the backyard put a couple gallons of diesel on it and accidently drop a flare on it

Orrr we could launch it and have it sink in the chesepeake

More on this as it develops

So my landlady

Has a 20ft plywood powerboat she wants disposed of and she doesnt want to pay anyone to haul it off

So I was like, I could get a mini excavator and drag it into the middle of the backyard put a couple gallons of diesel on it and accidently drop a flare on it

Orrr we could launch it and have it sink in the chesepeake

More on this as it develops
Pics? How bad of a condition is it?

Pics? How bad of a condition is it?
Ill take some pics tomorrow. The plywood is deplying. She says the motor is good but she's not exactly a mechanic, it's a mercury marine something or other, I turned it over by hand but she doesnt have a battery or anything for it.

The interior is complete trash, been sitting outside with no cover for 4 years. It looks like it had bunks and a toilet but it's all trashed now. Her husband traded it for some kit car mercedes and never put it on the water.

This probably makes a little more sense if I say there is a boat launch and a pier in backyard that is on the Chesapeake. So like, wouldnt take much to get it to the water, but couple grand to take it to the landfill on a flatbed.

Could get a chainsaw and chunk it up I guess... Lotta work though.

Last edited:
Has anyone used these? I'm probably going to redo our shower in them.

At $4.29/sq ft, you could get real travertine or granite tiles.