Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

@Domon it seems that Nabu Casa is fucking up my ability to control shit with Alexa, and they don't know why yet. I assume you're no longer using Duck DNS?
I'm not, but the method I'm using is identical to the duckdns/nginx way just with a paid domain

This is the guide I use to manually setup Alexa.

You can also do an emulated hue bridge if you just need on/off control, but I need more than that

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Finally dipped into the overage with the electric utility in 2020. Knocked about 1000KWH out of the overage. If this keeps up, I might have to pay for electricity again in... 2027.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Built a house sign since our mailbox isnt near the house and you cant see the house from the road. I was perfectly fine with my house not being identifiable.... but there are enough reasons that people have to know where it is :/

xH2J7IJ.jpg

48 inches tall, labeled both sides, 3/4 inch plastic backer, with 8 inch raised numbers. Wish I had a 3d printer, those #s were expensive.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh, fly and kiwi
That's a very sophisticated looking font, especially on the 5. It screams "people in this house can talk your ear off why should go for the 30 dollar bottle of wine instead of the 20 dollar one"

Which is good, as it'll keep people away.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon