Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

SWEET! I like that gate concept - sometimes assholes get brave in ruralish areas and go knocking on doors, casing your shit out. Lock the gate - make them walk the last few hundred feet. :lol: Both directions. In the snow. :)
It came with the house, I never use it. Prior owners had good reasons I suppose, with their 100 marijuana plants out back.

We had IKEA come out to measure our kitchen for new cabinets. And just this week, we were FINALLY able to schedule an in-person design appointment. Yay, a bunch of money leaving, and installation work coming, soon.

Also have to redo the flooring at the same time. And possibly try building and drywalling a pony wall.

Stay tuned!

We had IKEA come out to measure our kitchen for new cabinets. And just this week, we were FINALLY able to schedule an in-person design appointment. Yay, a bunch of money leaving, and installation work coming, soon.

Also have to redo the flooring at the same time. And possibly try building and drywalling a pony wall.

Stay tuned!

You should hire @kiwi to do it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
You guys spackling with fire?
thumbs brent GIF

Stay tuned!

if youre gonna go custom, why not hire a local fabricator instead of getting ikea particle board cabinets?

It came with the house, I never use it. Prior owners had good reasons I suppose, with their 100 marijuana plants out back.
I was thinking more like if you were going away for a vacation or such * WHen I first worked in a law office the one attorney was defending a young lady who worked at a ticket counter for an airline. Apparently that little wench was taking notes on people who weren't returning for a number of days and her low-life BF was stealing their shit. Just sayin. |
*Although, if you don't routinely close it, it could stand OUT to someone of that mental inclination. That's why we struggle to have nice things :/

I was thinking more like if you were going away for a vacation or such * WHen I first worked in a law office the one attorney was defending a young lady who worked at a ticket counter for an airline. Apparently that little wench was taking notes on people who weren't returning for a number of days and her low-life BF was stealing their shit. Just sayin. |
*Although, if you don't routinely close it, it could stand OUT to someone of that mental inclination. That's why we struggle to have nice things :/
I am planning to put up some security cameras. Need to get Ethernet cable pulled from basement into attic so I can eve mount the cameras around the house.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Custom? It's IKEA...

The last couple IKEA cabinets I assembled were shockingly well made. The myth about IKEA stuff being crap is just that. Myth.

Dressers falling on kids? News flash. It’s been happening forever. The difference? People used to be able to be honest with themselves and admit they were shit parents who let a dumb kid do dumb stuff, resulting in dead kid.

Even their particle board is better than US Bush or O’Sullivan shit. And they have meatballs too

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
The last couple IKEA cabinets I assembled were shockingly well made. The myth about IKEA stuff being crap is just that. Myth.

Dressers falling on kids? News flash. It’s been happening forever. The difference? People used to be able to be honest with themselves and admit they were shit parents who let a dumb kid do dumb stuff, resulting in dead kid.

Even their particle board is better than US Bush or O’Sullivan shit. And they have meatballs too
Yeah, it's supposed to be really well designed stuff. There's even a company that specializes in custom fronts, where you just buy the IKEA boxes.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant