Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

its florida. Anywhere the air touches is a wet condition with the 8000% humidity they have

as evidenced by the rust on the current one....

Glad @fly's not me. after all that wire fuckery I would have rewired that whole circuit to the panel, replaced all that raceway with conduit, replaced the rusty ass box, probably replaced the ceiling fan, and then rewired the rest of the house.

Or...... i would have just put in a two gang box and saved myself a lotta trouble.... since he''s gonna have to replace the box anyway

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
its florida. Anywhere the air touches is a wet condition with the 8000% humidity they have

as evidenced by the rust on the current one....

Glad @fly's not me. after all that wire fuckery I would have rewired that whole circuit to the panel, replaced all that raceway with conduit, replaced the rusty ass box, probably replaced the ceiling fan, and then rewired the rest of the house.

Or...... i would have just put in a two gang box and saved myself a lotta trouble.... since he''s gonna have to replace the box anyway
Ceiling fans are next on the list. They're what started this whole thing. I did the outlet first because it was going to be quick and easy. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
you silly fucker @fly

you're gonna replace the box you refused to replace for months every time we discussed this and I told you to just put a two gang box in and separate switches.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
then you wouldnt have had to wait all this time for your ultra-special custom fan and light control in 1 gang wifi thingamajig
I guess. I mean, this switch has been out for well over a year, maybe two. I wasn't TOO concerned. The only reason I decided to do it now is that we're replacing these fans with some nice 64" ones.