Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Yeah @OOD , smudge up that nice clean brick with the shit-smear of grill smoke. Stand in your front yard, beer in hand, grilling. Then carry the food in through the front door.👍

Fucking cave-people I tell ya!
If anything my neighbors would be jealous, but I have a patio in the back for grilling with alot more space. Need to put a top on that though.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
That seems like a personal problem to me. I've used a French press for going on a decade now, and have no complaints.

Hell, I even use the grounds one time a week to knock whatever shit is built up in the garbage disposal loose.

Same. Though, being at home for a year now, I started making cold brew. I'm super happy with only having to make coffee every three days. If don't plan ahead, then I just do the french press. The missus likes using a drip coffee maker. It's so gross. But then again, she puts other stuff in her coffee.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Condenser going in:
View attachment 13898

Furnace:
View attachment 13899

Gonna have to wait until tomorrow to get rid of ol' Swampy, as they decided (rightly, IMO) that walking a swamp cooler over a bunch of solar panels wasn't the greatest idea.
All very cool. Man, that furnace looks tiny. And the condenser looks small too. Probably the combo of your drier yet hotter air(summer) and much milder winters, compared to the frozen mitten aka Michigan. Congrats! Cool balls are on their way!

angry bobby GIF

All very cool. Man, that furnace looks tiny. And the condenser looks small too. Probably the combo of your drier yet hotter air(summer) and much milder winters, compared to the frozen mitten aka Michigan. Congrats! Cool balls are on their way!

angry bobby GIF
It's an 88k BTU furnace, the "SLP98V" unit from Lennox. Sized for the same output as the last one.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Because I don't necessarily want the garage to be in the same zone as the house.

I don't want car exhaust recirculating into the house, for example.
I'm definitely with you on this one - maintain 6' of non-ducted distance between your hobby and your household. You want heat/cool out there, not a flippin duck! 🦆

In a place like Michigan you get 175 k minimum for a house 2500-3000 sq. It's mainly the heat exchanger that's bigger.

I'm definitely with you on this one - maintain 6' of non-ducted distance between your hobby and your household. You want heat/cool out there, not a flippin duck! 🦆

In a place like Michigan you get 175 k minimum for a house 2500-3000 sq. It's mainly the heat exchanger that's bigger.
JFC, that's a lot of BTUs.