Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

smart sylvania strips? the zigbee smart+ ones?

Oh no, these were OG HomeKit Bluetooth shit.

Zero support from Sylvania on them anymore and they respond to commands only when they feel like it.

I had bought a bunch of Hue strips refurbed over the last few years with something else in mind for them, but never used them.

Sylvania Smart+ model 74521

Oh no, these were OG HomeKit Bluetooth shit.

Zero support from Sylvania on them anymore and they respond to commands only when they feel like it.

I had bought a bunch of Hue strips refurbed over the last few years with something else in mind for them, but never used them.

Sylvania Smart+ model 74521
sylvania in general = zero support

pfft, I'm the reason we have certain vacuums for certain things.

Hardwood vs rug.

We have a cheap cannister just for the litter box area. Does a damn good job and it was only $50.
We have a Kirby that does a great job on all the surfaces. Just gotta turn the powerhead off when on hard surfaces.

x2go is by far the best rdp/vnc experience ive had. VNC is always a little laggy, and xRDP on nix is buggy and breaks often when it comes to sessions.

x2go is as fast as native windows RDP, which is awesome.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
On another note, i reinstalled the Home Assistant base OS, changing to Debian 10 so i could have a fully supported installation. While I like ubuntu, a BUNCH of stuff that wasn't working before works perfectly now. I now have Sonarr Radarr and NZBget tabs in my home assistant, without having to mod the docker containers to support ingress or any BS like that, just straight up web page tabs. They wouldnt load before on ubuntu but work perfect now.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
We run our robot almost every night forcing a cleanup right before bed. We put chairs on the table which means a couple times a week I wake up and mop first thing. Makes it super easy. I highly recommend.

We run our robot almost every night forcing a cleanup right before bed. We put chairs on the table which means a couple times a week I wake up and mop first thing. Makes it super easy. I highly recommend.

mopping first-thing sounds terrible.