Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Ive had solar at the lake for eons, I could have warned him he was fucking it up.....

source.gif

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Anyone know what to use on garage doors to prevent them from squeaking? Its not the chain, its the rollers and the hinges on the door panels not having any bushings or anything.

Tried a dry film lube and it worked for a week and a half or so but I'm hoping to find something that lasts more than a couple months.

Anyone know what to use on garage doors to prevent them from squeaking? Its not the chain, its the rollers and the hinges on the door panels not having any bushings or anything.

Tried a dry film lube and it worked for a week and a half or so but I'm hoping to find something that lasts more than a couple months.
I use this stuff:

edit: I thought it was just white lithium, but apparently that's a different bottle. Regardless, the garage door stuff is what I use.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor

Oh, and I put a set of these in:

Amazon product ASIN B01N5IPY3Y
They did a lot to quiet the door down. I think the PO did basically no maintenance on the thing before he moved out.

I've quieted them down with regular old grease, like you'd use for wheel bearings or general machinery though it doesn't have to be the high temp stuff.
Oral syringe or something helps force it in the tight spots. Lasts a lot longer than oil.

Spray can & straw of white lithium or domons dry graphite idea probably easier though.

Took everything outta the barn to sort and organize. Barn floor is way more rotted than I thought it was. My fault 10 years ago for not putting down vapor barrier, and for using osb. Just had pressure treated timbers on soil with the osb on top.

Luckily I've got 6 sheets of proper ply lying around I can swap in for the worst parts.

Took everything outta the barn to sort and organize. Barn floor is way more rotted than I thought it was. My fault 10 years ago for not putting down vapor barrier, and for using osb. Just had pressure treated timbers on soil with the osb on top.

Luckily I've got 6 sheets of proper ply lying around I can swap in for the worst parts.
Ugh, I need to go get ply for the attic soon. My car part hoarding has gotten out of hand, and I need to put up shelves along the load-bearing wall and get the plastic bins off the truss bottoms.

Replaced 160 sqft of flooring and the underlying beams in the barn today.

Everything was completely rotted.

Put down vapor barrier, new beams, exterior ply. Should last this time.

I'll do the other half of the floor later. It's in better shape, and it's got built in work benches on it, so it's hard to get to the floor

Got the garden all cleaned up, more weed mat down on areas that didn't have it, and relocated the compost bin closer to the gate so in theory it will be easier to get to and we'll actually use it.

This week gonna put together an A-Frame green house with leftover materials.

Got the garden all cleaned up, more weed mat down on areas that didn't have it, and relocated the compost bin closer to the gate so in theory it will be easier to get to and we'll actually use it.

This week gonna put together an A-Frame green house with leftover materials.

nice nice. I gotta try to do that this week so we've got food growing and dont have to go out when this shit gets really bad.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Forgot to order Green Bean seeds when I placed the Burpee order a couple weeks ago.

They're all out of stock now.

Ferry Morse has stock thankfully.

I really hope this is the norm and not people going OMG VIROS and don't know what they're doing, and will just end up wasting a lot of stuff.