Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Fucking solar contractor has now been denied approval for the electrical portion of the updated permit for the fourth time.

I only know this because I looked up the permit info, not because these jack wagons can be bothered to communicate.

Going to be sending the relevant dummies a sternly worded message this afternoon asking for an update, being sure to include the two co-founders of the company.

Depending on their response I may go full hot and ask if I need to call a lawyer. Not that I plan on calling a lawyer, it's Friday, so fuck them.

• Sad
Reactions: Immigrant
Fucking solar contractor has now been denied approval for the electrical portion of the updated permit for the fourth time.

I only know this because I looked up the permit info, not because these jack wagons can be bothered to communicate.

Going to be sending the relevant dummies a sternly worded message this afternoon asking for an update, being sure to include the two co-founders of the company.

Depending on their response I may go full hot and ask if I need to call a lawyer. Not that I plan on calling a lawyer, it's Friday, so fuck them.

That surely is some fucking bullshit.

Please do your civic duty and after resolution, regardless of outcome, write some honest customer reviews on Google and Yelp, and possibly other real homeowner service websites I’m unfamiliar with. It’s important for future customers to know what they’re facing when considering these fucksticks to install their solar upgrades.

Spending five minutes relaying your experience(s) will save someone a massive headache in the future.

BE BEST

Replaced the fan and light controls on the microwave. One of the buttons for the fan disappeared into the control panel a few weeks ago, and the replacement parts finally arrived. Fortunately, it was a separate circuit board with a separate set of buttons.

Then I put the microwave back together, and it worked.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
My home microwave is a half decent Panasonic inverter microwave that work threw out because it needed a new door switch, which was your bog standard $5 Omron lever switch.

I ordered the switch through work on their dime and fixed the thing, but a few people were like "uh, I don't trust a 'fixed' microwave" and they ended up getting another one anyway.

Yay for being able to fix shit.

pretty solid set of hardware. 8 individual circuit trackers and a mains tracker for 100 bucks. App is basic, but you get full access to the raw data as well so you can do analysis as needed.

pretty solid set of hardware. 8 individual circuit trackers and a mains tracker for 100 bucks. App is basic, but you get full access to the raw data as well so you can do analysis as needed.
It's your ridiculous "I need to download the internet" storage setup.

Glad I could help you figure it out.

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Went and patched up and painted a bunch of baseboards and trim, then cut some old lumber to put over them so my bunnies wouldn't get in trouble for tearing that shit up again.
Everyone is happy now.

KIMG2218.jpgKIMG2220.jpgKIMG2217.jpgKIMG2219.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Immigrant
They're learning Texican.
I leave the Tejano station on the little radio in there for them and every now and then if I say something in the right kind of broken spanglish they perk their ears up.

• Gravy
Anyway if you have bunnies and your spouse isn't all that into it (mine is) you can just put old boards over your "good" boards and it all works out.

• Gravy
KIMG2223.jpg

Somebody that wouldn't make an exception or 3 for that is someone you should question their worthiness as a life mate.

• Gravy