Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

thats a cheap electrician. Usually its 200 to even have them come out
I think he lives in a rather economically depressed area, as in they might be needing work instead of choosing work.

I remember hearing stories of freestanding houses for like 80k.
The cost of living is low here. You can get a 2 bedroom move in ready home for 90k if you are patient. You can get three beds for that if you get lucky in a buyer's market. But an average modern home in good condition more often cost twice that much.

shit, 250k here is a shack in a bad neighborhood.

250 here "might" get you a 3 bedroom where the rooms are all so small it would be much nicer if it was 2br with more spacious rooms. Then you convert your garage into another room and park your cars on the street instead.

In a working class neighborhood full of plumbers and electricians who now have all their work trucks parked on the street that's too narrow for that to br convenient and it takes some doing to maneuver yourself out of there in the morning and they're all so close together you bump into either a house or a fence trying to turn around your push mower between the two.

I might be underestimating at 250k. It's still cheap for folks from the west coast or the northeast but it's 2x-3x what it was here 15 years ago.

Just bought this thing for $236.5K CAD, or about $177K USD.

k1qA6CHh.jpg

suckers :)

nice maple floors though. Ive never seen heated wood floors, im surprised that doesnt mess with em

Gradual heating/gradual cooling. No quick shock. If they're worth a damn they'll be fine. I'd be more concerned with any adhesives or other man-made materials than the wood itself.

It really maintains a narrow temp range. It's not a cabin that goes from -20 to blazing hot under the one wood stove.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
The biological click is ticking. That girl who says she doesn't want any either has some already or she's a fuckin mess

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Nice McMansion Jr.
It's a 1980s take on a farmhouse. So it's built with 2x6 walls, good insulation, vapor barrier and HRV and all that other good R2000 shit. But it's also built back when people had money so the sheathing/subfloors/roof are all plywood and not OSB. Good bones and shit.

Gotta remove some teal colored carpet in the front living room, but ain't much else required.

Garage was added on in the 2000's, and it's probably the thing I'm most excited about, because now I can get up to projects and shit.