Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

i feel like thats only ok for canned goods and stuff. Like if you're getting produce or fruit or whatever, theyre just gonna grab whatevers first at hand and itll be crap

My roomie was an order picker for Amazon Prime but based out of New Seasons (grocery store like Whole Paycheck) and they were specifically instructed to grab the oldest of everything unless it was defective, so you’re spot on.

I actually did #2 once when I was a youngin'. The handsaw that I was using jumped on the first down stroke into the 2x4 or whatever dimensional lumber that I was working with, cutting into my left thumb. That tickled. Lots of blood. ER visit and 4 stitches later. Thankful that I can still bend my thumb.

My roomie was an order picker for Amazon Prime but based out of New Seasons (grocery store like Whole Paycheck) and they were specifically instructed to grab the oldest of everything unless it was defective, so you’re spot on.
All the people I've seen in the store appear to be careful to select good produce. With Shipt, it's based on tips and you can request the same shopper again. So it's in their best interest to do so.

All the people I've seen in the store appear to be careful to select good produce. With Shipt, it's based on tips and you can request the same shopper again. So it's in their best interest to do so.

I think that may have been one of the motivators for Amazon to buy Whole Foods. Control.

He actually got chewed out once for grabbing a box of something from behind the “faced” product, something I’ve always done while shopping.

I also face shelves at the store, cuz boredom.

My carpenter came by yesterday and installed deadbolts in both exterior doors. Then he reversed the door going into the half bath/laundry room. Originally the door swung inwards almost hitting the stacked washer/dryer. Needless to say very annoying to do laundry having to close door, open door part way, not get stuck, etc. So much nicer to have the door swing outward into the main room.

I need to get some broken and missing roofing shingles replaced on the barn. I don't think my ladder is tall enough to reach the top roof pitch.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and wetwillie
My carpenter came by yesterday and installed deadbolts in both exterior doors. Then he reversed the door going into the half bath/laundry room. Originally the door swung inwards almost hitting the stacked washer/dryer. Needless to say very annoying to do laundry having to close door, open door part way, not get stuck, etc. So much nicer to have the door swing outward into the main room.

I need to get some broken and missing roofing shingles replaced on the barn. I don't think my ladder is tall enough to reach the top roof pitch.
Hire someone who is insured and knows WTF they are doing. A perfect time to use the good money you make at a much safer occupation.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

Toss some dead hookers up there , they'll turn to a nice leather eaves soon enough .

We'd like to put a... I guess you call it a patio... deck... whatever in the middle of our side yard inside the fence. Just a place to put seating, table, and a pergola. We're not picky in terms of what material, so we're weighing options.

It's going on the ground where there is grass so I assume pouring concrete, maybe stamping it, might look cool? Just a simple, minimum size 12x18ft, area.

What would you guys do?

We'd like to put a... I guess you call it a patio... deck... whatever in the middle of our side yard inside the fence. Just a place to put seating, table, and a pergola. We're not picky in terms of what material, so we're weighing options.

It's going on the ground where there is grass so I assume pouring concrete, maybe stamping it, might look cool? Just a simple, minimum size 12x18ft, area.

What would you guys do?
Yeah, I'd probably pour a small slab. Maybe tile it or something instead of stamping?
Plan to have it several inches above the level of the grass or in a couple years it will be overgrown.

What would you guys do?

I'd do big flagstones with gator dust in the cracks

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor