Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Sorry pal, you're deep wrong. The suction line(fatter) needs to be insulated because it would get frost on it as will the bottom few runs of the a-coil. The gas is getting warmer as it goes through the coil so at a point it turns to mere sweating. This is not an indication of an issue. The entire A-coil freezing up is.
Extra prickish perseveration today. Good job.
The suction line is where the coolant in the system is its hottest, though.

three demerits = three mellows songs
Go easy on him - one mellow blog entry.
. . .
Sudden Afternoon

She walked into my office with a look in her eye that spelled doom. Her legs were like one of those little Ham Sandwiches with the toothpick in it; just a little taste of heaven with something lethal packed inside.
I knew she’d try to play innocent on me, and that was the first tack she used; the first of many. This dame had enough tacks to lay carpet at the Waldorf. . . .

Go easy on him - one mellow blog entry.
. . .
Sudden Afternoon

She walked into my office with a look in her eye that spelled doom. Her legs were like one of those little Ham Sandwiches with the toothpick in it; just a little taste of heaven with something lethal packed inside.
I knew she’d try to play innocent on me, and that was the first tack she used; the first of many. This dame had enough tacks to lay carpet at the Waldorf. . . .
dammit eddie i was just about to have dinner :mad:

..:p:D

Had to pull a broken bolt out of Louise's mountain bike. Nailed it, first try.
20190608_161849_HDR.jpg

All the trellises at Lowe's were crap, so I made one out of about $40 worth of steel. Yeah, it's gonna rust, but I don't care. It'll be hidden by that honeysuckle.

20190608_170633_HDR.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and Josh
Yup those commercial trellises are garbage. I'm going to try to make due with 5ft metal posts and run some string between them. If that fails, I'm going to get some of that metal grid for concrete floors. That would be easy for me to cut to length.

Yup those commercial trellises are garbage. I'm going to try to make due with 5ft metal posts and run some string between them. If that fails, I'm going to get some of that metal grid for concrete floors. That would be easy for me to cut to length.

hog panel or one of the variants of it at tractor supply is the way to go. Heavy galvanized and 4 or 6 ga wire.

They're hard to get to on some installations - nobody put in an access panel. Easy enough to cut one in the sheet metal. The same trough system at the bottom that catches the AC condensate will catch whatever you want to spray or scrub on there. Agreed that they can get pretty gross, even though the air passing them has already gone through the air filter. That just means it's extra fine schmutz.:eek:

You be lucky. Mine is a downdraft version, filter above, fan below. I’d have to remove the entire coil to do it the right way.

It kinda sucks.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie