Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

So I picked up this badboy (for an occasional DIYer) yesterday for $250 (super mark down).

Not sure how it's going to happen, but it shipped 5 minutes ago from Luckey, OH (near Toledo), and apparently will be on my doorstep 30 miles west of Chicago by 9pm. Free, unexpedited shipping.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138

Everything here checks out.

I have to give them a bigger list of things that will hook up to the batteries.

We have a 400 amp service. With two 200 amp panels.

They’ll have one connected to the batteries, the other will get straight grid tied solar.

I only gave them like 10 things to connect to the batteries. :fly: so I’ll put together a ranked list of what we would want battery backed up so they can put as much as makes sense on the battery panel.

I’m more educated than your average homeowner with electrical so we had a good convo on how to get everything setup to maximize battery and solar power a bit more than someone else might be able to do.

They’ll have one connected to the batteries, the other will get straight grid tied solar.

I only gave them like 10 things to connect to the batteries. :fly: so I’ll put together a ranked list of what we would want battery backed up so they can put as much as makes sense on the battery panel.

I’m more educated than your average homeowner with electrical so we had a good convo on how to get everything setup to maximize battery and solar power a bit more than someone else might be able to do.
Everything checks out for a dumb backwards system that wastes a ton of electricity instead of maintaining your battery bank with the direct DC from the inverter...

But hey, you've got a goal in mind, so suck that ElonCock hard.

That's fucking awesome.

I really want to do that shit on our house.

Everything checks out for a dumb backwards system that wastes a ton of electricity instead of maintaining your battery bank with the direct DC from the inverter...

But hey, you've got a goal in mind, so suck that ElonCock hard.
Maybe he should donate it all to the electric company like you?

If @Valve1138 wants to compound his losses by going DC to AC from his solar panels and then AC back to DC for his batteries just so that he can have the pleasure of announcing to his #MANCAVE friends that he's got Tesla logos in his garage, then surely it's OK for me to bank 1:1 KWh with the power company.

Just think of them as "sunCoins", and maybe it'll start to make sense, @fly.

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
If @Valve1138 wants to compound his losses by going DC to AC from his solar panels and then AC back to DC for his batteries just so that he can have the pleasure of announcing to his #MANCAVE friends that he's got Tesla logos in his garage, then surely it's OK for me to bank 1:1 KWh with the power company.

Just think of them as "sunCoins", and maybe it'll start to make sense, @fly.
Have we confirmed that he won't be charging the batteries from the panels?