Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Bought a 1030 for the server in the wiring closet with the money. Should cut way down on the heat from the monster of a card that fly sent me a while back.

will be nice to have hevc hardware transcoding as well for Plex

8 watts idle versus almost 70

I have it closed in completely closed in now, door and all. So I really need to keep that heat down. I did install a powered vent at the bottom of the door though

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Is there an air intake vent somewhere?

We replaced ours as well with the Nest. Not sure how much 'better' it is though. For example, the Ring has a MUCH better field of view.
I like that it's 24/7 recording and not just motion. Especially when half the motion wouldn't kick in until the person was walking away. Mine kept resetting itself to default. I got sick of it going offline so I got rid of it. And for me with the default mounting wedge I get a better range of view on the Nest.

I like that it's 24/7 recording and not just motion. Especially when half the motion wouldn't kick in until the person was walking away. Mine kept resetting itself to default. I got sick of it going offline so I got rid of it. And for me with the default mounting wedge I get a better range of view on the Nest.
:iono: We had none of those problems. It worked fantastically. Switched to Nest cause I found a deal, and we already have 3 other Nest cams, so it's nice to have it all in one app. But like I said, I do sorta miss the FOV. We use it to watch when the strays come up, and with the Hello there's only a tiny portion of the camera that has the ability to catch the bowl. With the Ring, we could see the street.

:iono: We had none of those problems. It worked fantastically. Switched to Nest cause I found a deal, and we already have 3 other Nest cams, so it's nice to have it all in one app. But like I said, I do sorta miss the FOV. We use it to watch when the strays come up, and with the Hello there's only a tiny portion of the camera that has the ability to catch the bowl. With the Ring, we could see the street.
So you're saying you now have dead spots in your field of view by the front door?

I have a brand new in box Amazon Echo Show if someone wants it.
$$?

edit: And which gen?
Not sure, I'll check when I get home tonight. Comes in an orange box, that's all I remember. Was a gift from a vendor last year.
@fly sorry I forgot about this. It is a 1st gen Echo Show. Blue box not orange (not sure why I thought that). I dunno what to sell it for. Brand new in box. Was a gift from a vendor.