Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

In theory, very little with the condensate hood installed and venting to the outside.
In theory. . .

YMMV

So when I redid the bathroom I told the contractor I wanted to do as much of the work as possible, but didn't have time to deal with plumbing or laying down the floor so we reviewed all the crap I was doing, including the paint. He advised semi-gloss on the ceiling because it's a bathroom 'even though you've got a decent fan.' He said that ceilings with flat paint tend to get ruined faster.

In theory. . .

YMMV

So when I redid the bathroom I told the contractor I wanted to do as much of the work as possible, but didn't have time to deal with plumbing or laying down the floor so we reviewed all the crap I was doing, including the paint. He advised semi-gloss on the ceiling because it's a bathroom 'even though you've got a decent fan.' He said that ceilings with flat paint tend to get ruined faster.

Yes.

We did semi gloss in ours as well.

I think a tankless is our next water heater.

In ten years when this one goes.
I'm on borrowed time with the existing tanked unit. It was put in in 2003, and if they're a 10 year item, then I'm like 6 years overdue.

I had a Bosch tankless at the other house, but this one is comparatively easy to live with - external power instead of a generator for ignition, an IoT interface, no need for a 3/4" gas line, and it moves like 3x the amount of water at the same temperature rise. Oh, and it was like $300 cheaper, too.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
In theory. . .

YMMV

Everything with flat paint gets ruined faster steam or not.

Anything with the slightest of sheen, even matte or whatever is better. At least you have a chance of wiping something off of it.

The only thing truly flat paint is good for is hiding crappy drywall work.

textured ceiling and walls would lead to better acoustics too fewer standing waves

Only in the very highest frequencies, baba.

Get down to where most adults have actually useable hearing and common wall texture doesn't scatter much.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi