Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Have you messed with them yet at all? Seems I need to boot into Linux to make the flashing process easier, but haven't gotten around to doing it.
I did the first one of these. EDL is a pain in the ass to compile and getting running. The liveDVD on the github is the way to go. Put the necessary files from the HA forums on a different flash drive, boot the livedvd, and execute it from there.

Went flawlessly, but something up with the wifi on mine. Connected, but no internet

I did the first one of these. EDL is a pain in the ass to compile and getting running. The liveDVD on the github is the way to go. Put the necessary files from the HA forums on a different flash drive, boot the livedvd, and execute it from there.

Went flawlessly, but something up with the wifi on mine. Connected, but no internet
I got it working on Ubuntu. Mine works great. Just gotta get its dash page set up.

Also, we were talking about ZWave LR the other day. A ton of LR stuff on sale at thesmartesthouse here

Kinda reminds me of my aunts house she built when she semi retired. Dope ranch on top of a hill in the middle of nowhere

Forces minimalism for sure
There's a separate pantry off the kitchen, plus we've got piles of lower cupboard storage with big drawers.

And a bit of minimalism certainly can't hurt. Like I've got piles of stuff sitting in boxes in the storage locker and I have no idea where the fuck I'm gonna put half of it. Like I've got a big box with an atari 2600, colecovision, three NESes, SNES, PS1/2/3, a couple old car stereos... like I should legit set up an electronics table at a flea market or something.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
There's a separate pantry off the kitchen, plus we've got piles of lower cupboard storage with big drawers.

And a bit of minimalism certainly can't hurt. Like I've got piles of stuff sitting in boxes in the storage locker and I have no idea where the fuck I'm gonna put half of it. Like I've got a big box with an atari 2600, colecovision, three NESes, SNES, PS1/2/3, a couple old car stereos... like I should legit set up an electronics table at a flea market or something.
IMG-20240128-WA0000.jpg
The ultimate display of wealth is empty space.

You could send me something... :lol:

This feels like it is up ya'lls alley

Guy uses some light programming (available on github) to hook up a Leaf battery pack to his solar panels.

• Gravy
Lots of the off the shelf solar charger/inverters can be configured for EV battery packs.

One unit I looked at for a day job application can interface with a module out of a Tesla battery pack, communicating with the BMS in it so it'll stop charging/discharging based on individual cell health as well as overall pack voltage. Makes sense since these modules are probably gonna get really easy to get as cars/batteries get retired.

• Gravy
Consider adding a portable toilet to your home improvement arsenal. They're versatile for bathroom renovations, outdoor events, and camping trips. Portable toilets offer convenience and are easy to set up and maintain, making them a practical addition to any household or outdoor setup.
I believe you have misspelled "shrubbery".

• Gravy
Reactions: CletusJones