Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Ahhh, we talked about them a while back. Didn't know if you actually picked one up. Mine works pretty well, but is slow with the HA implementation. That's mostly due to me using CPU. Seems like all this stuff only uses CUDA which is :( for me.

Started making the floor frame for my square column drill press today.

Unfortunately, I neglected to check the size of the schedule 40 I'd bought, and needed to turn like .025 off of it, so I gotta get my lightning scissors out and cut the old one off and put the one on the lathe stand on with my sparkler glue gun.

messages_0(15).jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Hmph, the cushioning of the arms on my office chair are rotting out.

I wonder if Costco would accept a return from 2019 with this many farts in it.
When I worked at Home Depot I still remember us taking back a 10 year old used toilet. That went directly into the trash.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Bought 3 :p. I have 4 of the super nice Facebook portal 10" devices that I had hoped to do this with, but meta is very very good at locking their hardware down
Got mine in. The thing is a brick. Very well built. I have not had a chance to play with it yet. This weekend I hope...

So I'm refacing our cabinets and made a rookie mistake. I have 1/4" end panels, but the panels are also about 1/4" proud of the top of the cabinets. I thought, "I'll just use the trim router to flush cut it after install." So I proceeded to attach the end panels with construction adhesive and my pinner. Now I realize that my router is going to bump into the wall and not be able to complete the flush cut. I may just have to freehand it with a Dremel and hope for the best.

Wondering if you judgy cunts have any better ideas?

ZCz9JFf.jpg

So I'm refacing our cabinets and made a rookie mistake. I have 1/4" end panels, but the panels are also about 1/4" proud of the top of the cabinets. I thought, "I'll just use the trim router to flush cut it after install." So I proceeded to attach the end panels with construction adhesive and my pinner. Now I realize that my router is going to bump into the wall and not be able to complete the flush cut. I may just have to freehand it with a Dremel and hope for the best.

ZCz9JFf.jpg
Japanese style flushcut saw?
Plunge cutter tool?

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Jehannum

ZCz9JFf.jpg
Go as far as you can with the router, then use a coping saw.

Or a Japanese pull saw.

Or an oscillating tool.

Or a real powerful dildo.

Or just leave it proud, nobody's gonna look above the fuckin' drapes.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly

ZCz9JFf.jpg
Those cabinets aren't expensive enough to worry about shit like this.