Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Its $25, who cares?
Well how much linear wall space do you have?

I guess if you are diy-ing it the math works out better.

I literally spent 3 months just installing receptacles onto screws so... it hurts when I can't show my massive practice.

There will never be a single person that walks into this house and says, "Your marble looks amazing." or, "your marble looks like shit." It looks like epoxy. I bought clear epoxy, then purchased pearled white and black mica powder. After we're all done, it should look pretty sweet and modern. I think it looks great, but its okay if you don't.

The good news is that if the new owners don't like it, they have a perfect surface to put down whatever they want on top of it.
I hope you put in floor drains.

Key selling point.

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Wait, is that true? No idea if my fridge is on one.
It might trip when the compressor turns on. If it isn't happening now it won't.

When the motor starts it pulls more electricity and gfcis normally open if there is 6ma change

I have some romex coming out of the kitchen floor that will be used for the island, eventually. The breaker for it is the same breaker for some of the outlets along the kitchen wall. As long as there are no conductors sticking out of the sheathing and I wrap it in tape, is that safe (enough) for a month or so? I'd really like the outlets back on.

I have some romex coming out of the kitchen floor that will be used for the island, eventually. The breaker for it is the same breaker for some of the outlets along the kitchen wall. As long as there are no conductors sticking out of the sheathing and I wrap it in tape, is that safe (enough) for a month or so? I'd really like the outlets back on.
Yeah it's safe dude electricity is not magic

strip it back 2 inches, cap each conductor with a wire nut, and give em a wrap and itll be safe.

I'm aware of how it works. I'm sorry you're so unhappy.
I'm not unhappy. Like just tape it. I love talking about electric stuff I just uh you know this is sort of like basic common sense stuff.

And yeah you can cap it if you want to it won't hurt anything. You gotta pay for the caps though cause you probably won't reuse them when you put in the devices.

Last edited:
I'm not unhappy. Like just tape it. I love talking about electric stuff I just uh you know this is sort of like basic common sense stuff.

And yeah you can cap it if you want to it won't hurt anything. You gotta pay for the caps though cause you probably won't reuse them when you put in the devices.
Yet again, you repeated exactly I'd already said, and then just added something on the end to be dickish. If you're going to do that, at least provide more info rather than regiurgitating mine.

Yet again, you repeated exactly I'd already said, and then just added something on the end to be dickish. If you're going to do that, at least provide more info rather than regiurgitating mine.
I was agreeing with you, and kind of lamenting the lack of complex topics. dude i'm just bored

• Love
Reactions: fly