Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I'd rather have French doors.
I'd rather have them too, but living with children makes wood-framed doors a liability, and now they're leaking like a sieve.

The door that normally opens racks freely almost to the point where it will break the glass. I've done what I could with clamps and glue, but it's time to put them out to pasture.

You don't have to buy an engineered beam, you can sandwich two 2x12s and a half inch piece of plywood and glue it up nice.

Have they? I asked for a Square D QO panel for the new house.

They've been around for decades and decades making the same stuff without recalls or house fires...

Have they? I asked for a Square D QO panel for the new house.

They've been around for decades and decades making the same stuff without recalls or house fires...
Supply chain issues that are resulting in a bunch of failures it seems, so might be temporary?. I had QO, it was nice.

Leviton has a bunch of more modern features too it seems, ease of use and panel hygiene.

Square D had a recall on some QO panels because of nuts that weren't torqued enough. Easy problem to fix.

@gee QO is still the panel you want.

@Domon enjoy the proprietary Leviton shit. If your electrician is saying that about Square D, I'd bet something is up with them.
I did my own research too. Actually has 3 different companies recommend the Leviton.

Seems like they're fine.

im happy with the Leviton so far. One super handy feature is you can swap breakers without moving any wiring. All the wiring goes right into the buses, which are then connected by the breaker once you plug one in.

I had a 6/3 NM run that I wanted as a 60A breaker, which is ok by code although the wire is only rated for 55A. Electricians put in a 50A, so I swapped it in about 10 seconds.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh