Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

I'm sure it didn't, it's durable and inefficient. I think the only ones that might apply for a tax credit are the heat pump ones which take like 4 hours to dry
I didn't mean the tax credit ones. MD wasn't charging sales tax on most appliances until yesterday.

"Energy Star Certified: No"

I mean... its a dryer, its takes electricity and turns it directly into heat. Aint nothing energy saving about that.
Everything takes electricity and turns it into something. I have a hard time believing that there are no Energy Star dryers.

edit: There are.
ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryers use about 20 percent less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance.

Dryers that have earned the ENERGY STAR incorporate advanced moisture sensors to help reduce their energy use by automatically shutting off when clothes are dry. Low heat setting. Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy.

Yeah, and thats why 90% of the reviews I read on the fancier LGs and stuff were complaints about it shutting off when the clothes were still damp.

Dryers that have earned the ENERGY STAR incorporate advanced moisture sensors to help reduce their energy use by automatically shutting off when clothes are dry. Low heat setting. Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy.

Yeah, and thats why 90% of the reviews I read on the fancier LGs and stuff were complaints about it shutting off when the clothes were still damp.
So there are ES dryers. :p

Just paid a man to get a 4-panel double sliding glass door to replace the manky French doors that my kids ruined and the two windows flanking them on the back of the house.