Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

You can do that if you use the grease. At least they didn't stab them. Also how much goddamn power are you pulling through those outlets. Like 3 amps max is ideal on a 15 amp circuit.

*electrical engineer hat on*

Point out the part of the NEC that permits a Cu-only outlet to be connected to aluminum wire under any circumstances.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
*electrical engineer hat on*

Point out the part of the NEC that permits a Cu-only outlet to be connected to aluminum wire under any circumstances.
*electrician hat on*

Well never. You aren't supposed to use devices in a manner not specified by the manufacturer. Tried to catch me up on copper only outlets :p Most non decora outlets are rated AL-CU. I just went out to my car to check all the $2 ones I got and they are all AL-CU.

Edit: just went back it's a decora outlet :lol: Fucking hate decora shit.

The Inflation Reduction Act seems to have some amazing incentives that hit day 1 once its signed.

The $4.28 billion High-Efficiency Electric Home Rebate Program, which is baked into the IRA, will provide an upfront rebate of up to $8,000 to install heat pumps, which can both heat and cool homes. It also provides a rebate of up to $1,750 for heat-pump water heaters. (Editor’s note: We just installed an air source heat pump hot water heater in our house. It costs a miniscule $108 a year to run.)

There’s also a rebate of up to $840 to offset the cost of a heat-pump clothes dryer or an electric stove, including induction ranges.

If a home needs an electrical panel upgrade to support new electrical appliances, then there’s up to a $4,000 rebate to help with that. There’s also a rebate of up to $2,500 for electrical wiring improvements.

Only caveat is you have to be sub 150% of your area median income: https://ami-lookup-tool.fanniemae.com/amilookuptool/

Im seeing this as a new dryer, new AC/heatpump to replace my oil bullshit, and new induction stove at minimal out-of-pocket cost, and maybe a 200A panel.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Jehannum
The Inflation Reduction Act seems to have some amazing incentives that hit day 1 once its signed.

Only caveat is you have to be sub 150% of your area median income: https://ami-lookup-tool.fanniemae.com/amilookuptool/

Im seeing this as a new dryer, new AC/heatpump to replace my oil bullshit, and new induction stove at minimal out-of-pocket cost, and maybe a 200A panel.
I'm in the market for a 200A panel, but I'm well in excess of 150% median income for my area.

I'm sure that the prices will all go up in order to absorb the new money though, so I'll be effectively priced out of it before too long.

i was amazed im not, at least this year. im barely above the median. Buncha rich fuckers round my local area apparently.

I'm in the market for a 200A panel, but I'm well in excess of 150% median income for my area.

I'm sure that the prices will all go up in order to absorb the new money though, so I'll be effectively priced out of it before too long.
you might still be eligible for some lesser stuff

The IRA provides a tax credit of up to $2,000 to install heat pumps for homeowners who don’t qualify for the rebate, and installing an induction stove or new energy-efficient windows and doors qualifies for tax credits of up to $1,200 annually.

i was amazed im not, at least this year. im barely above the median. Buncha rich fuckers round my local area apparently.
YOU LIVE IN BETHESDA

Fuck I make 100k and I have roommates in Annapolis and homeless for 6 months. It's expensive being poor.

YOU LIVE IN BETHESDA

Fuck I make 100k and I have roommates in Annapolis.
motherfucker, I cant afford that. Id be approximately 20% under median in Bethesda.

A big part of it is that I'm a single income household.

GLEN BURNIE has a AMI of 116k.

motherfucker, I cant afford that. Id be approximately 20% under median in Bethesda.

A big part of it is that I'm a single income household.

GLEN BURNIE has a AMI of 116k.
I mean, fuck people with kids, like the shit that gets thrown at them. Whatever, whatever. I didn't knock up a hoe... shouldnt there be a reward for that? I'm severely bitter on this topic. You aint got no kids, you need 100k. One of the hostesses was telling me the other night that she got two baby daddys and they're both contributing bout half their income to her and she has a nice ass car and works 2 days a week.

The government is not a good way to go about this. IMO

I will be having an HVAC guy out here the day they sign it for a quote. Ours is 16+ years old at this point. Good find!!!

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I mean, fuck people with kids, like the shit that gets thrown at them. Whatever, whatever. I didn't knock up a hoe... shouldnt there be a reward for that? I'm severely bitter on this topic. You aint got no kids, you need 100k. One of the hostesses was telling me the other night that she got two baby daddys and they're both contributing bout half their income to her and she has a nice ass car and works 2 days a week.

The government is not a good way to go about this. IMO
Look at it another way: we're incentivizing having children because that's how we continue as a species.

I will be having an HVAC guy out here the day they sign it for a quote. Ours is 16+ years old at this point. Good find!!!
Theres some weirdness with it not being applicable until after Dec 31, 2022. I dont fully understand it. I think what i means is that the rebates wont be available until then... which makes total sense cause thats when taxes are done, but its possible that it means that you cant do any work or make any purchases until after that date.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly