Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Bed across from the computer = you've definitely got an onlyfans.

Adam Sandler Comedy GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Man the Wago lever nuts are awesome. I've had some for a while, but never actually swapped out wire nuts for them before. Just added a new zwave switch and swapped them. Holy shit there's so much more room in the box now.
I don't see how they would make for more room, but glad you've found something you like.

I have to use these bastards in most cases:
3-port-alumiconn_-615.jpg

Y'know, since my branch wiring is aluminum.

Last edited:
I don't see how they would make for more room, but glad you've found something you like.

I have to either use these bastards in most cases:
View attachment 16075

Y'know, since my branch wiring is aluminum.
Yeah wagos are huge. o . O I once, on a 5 circuit light switch, asked my boss how do we make this fit and he was like, with a hammer.

Pretwisting and using the smallest sized nuts is way smaller than wagos. They look neat tho.

I'm assuming its since the wires are spread out instead of bunched together, they fold up *much* nicer than with a giant fucking wire nut. Way more room.

Yeah wagos are huge. o . O I once, on a 5 circuit light switch, asked my boss how do we make this fit and he was like, with a hammer.

Pretwisting and using the smallest sized nuts is way smaller than wagos. They look neat tho.
ill use wagos in fan boxes, or shit i plan to take apart later, but yeah, in a tight box the minimum size ideal nut and pretwisted wires that are the right length to fold nice is the way to go.

Fitting shit in a box is an art. Its counterintuitive as you often want the wires longer so they can accordian fold into the box nice.

ill use wagos in fan boxes, or shit i plan to take apart later, but yeah, in a tight box the minimum size ideal nut and pretwisted wires that are the right length to fold nice is the way to go.

Fitting shit in a box is an art. Its counterintuitive as you often want the wires longer so they can accordian fold into the box nice.
Yeah. You actually want them about hand length. You get two folds back into the corner, and packing the corners is an art. I hate fans, as an apprentice you have to put up all the fans. It;s not hard just time consuming.

I'm assuming its since the wires are spread out instead of bunched together, they fold up *much* nicer than with a giant fucking wire nut. Way more room.
Nah youd think right but nah. Smallest nut is always more compact than a wago. They are for primarily when you have to dissemble shit in the future. They are pretty common in europe but in the US you will be encouraged to pretwist and nut the wires.

Nah youd think right but nah. Smallest nut is always more compact than a wago. They are for primarily when you have to dissemble shit in the future. They are pretty common in europe but in the US you will be encouraged to pretwist and nut the wires.
@fly is pretty familiar with pretwisting in order to nut.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
apparently pre-twisting is against code or some shit though? I can always get a better twist with a good pair of linemen than i can with a nut, even with a winged nut.

The mike holt guys will get all riled up if you say you pre-twist.

Better on my fingers too.

apparently pre-twisting is against code or some shit though? I can always get a better twist with a good pair of linemen than i can with a nut, even with a winged nut.

The mike holt guys will get all riled up if you say you pre-twist.

Better on my fingers too.
Idk I was taught to pretwist with lineman's then put the nut on. Takes a bit of technique but it is pretty standard for commercial work.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I mean, they use them everywhere in the EU, and not just for shit you have to disassemble...

I mean, they use them everywhere in the EU, and not just for shit you have to disassemble...
There's massive differences in wiring in the EU. Most of it is in masonry, they do ring circuits, you never do a ring in the US. The boxes are wider but shallower, here boxes are deep but narrow. And so on. Nuts work here cause all you need is your kliens and it's fast.