Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Added a wall feature to our biergarten area. Gonna hang some herbs and succulents and other greenery on it. :D

wgQWvuO.jpg

Make liners. 6 or 8 mil plastic will do fine.

Good luck!
my currently strategy is to take those deck post covers, and encase the 4x4 about a foot below ground to a couple inches above. posts always always rot out right at ground level, especially if you dont fill the post holes with gravel vs dirt.

my currently strategy is to take those deck post covers, and encase the 4x4 about a foot below ground to a couple inches above. posts always always rot out right at ground level, especially if you dont fill the post holes with gravel vs dirt.
I'm not worried about that so much as I don't want @fly to get dick cancer from whatever they're using to pressure treat lumber now when it leaches into the herbs he's gonna use in his prostate milk beers.

Cedar would have held up on its own to the water and soil without it, which is why I asked species.

I'm not worried about that so much as I don't want @fly to get dick cancer from whatever they're using to pressure treat lumber now when it leaches into the herbs he's gonna use in his prostate milk beers.

Cedar would have held up on its own to the water and soil without it, which is why I asked species.
dick cancer generally is bad.

Modern stuff is CA, not the old CCA. CA still leeches in, expresses itself most in the leafs of the plants and not the roots.

So yeah, maybe not the best for herbs?

Oh yeah, @fly, also the copper is gonna rape your fasteners with no lube. Hopefully you used hot dip galv, or stainless. If not the fasteners still might structurally be good for a decade but they will look rusty within one or two years

box store pressure treated is ..... barely barely pressure treated. More like dipped. Ive had coated deck screws hold up just fine for a decade in it.