Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Princess Auto is pretty much Canada's Harbor Freight.

It started as a garage in the prairies named "princess auto" a long ass time ago and the name never changed.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Shit, piss, fuck!! Dong new deck - Trex hidden faster system looks great, railing is looking great. Get some rail in and the missus says, "hey, I'm going to go get some of the lights and put them on the poles. They don't fit. FUcking things are sized for a 4X4, not a true 4" vinyl post sleeve. 8 of those bastards - threw the boxes away weeks ago.
Awwww, so cute, copper topped with a solar cell . . . useless pieces of shit :) Maybe they have an adapter piece. I did the identical rail kit a few months ago and no problem with the lights . . .
1628365501112.png

Yay guy with the bushhog mower and tractor came today to start cutting the back field. I had 3 other companies show up today to give me estimates on the lawn mowing and snowplowing. Got lawn mowing now secured. Waiting on the quote for snowplowing. Took a lot of phone calls and text messages to get people to respond. Many ghosted me.

Shit, piss, fuck!! Dong new deck - Trex hidden faster system looks great, railing is looking great. Get some rail in and the missus says, "hey, I'm going to go get some of the lights and put them on the poles. They don't fit. FUcking things are sized for a 4X4, not a true 4" vinyl post sleeve. 8 of those bastards - threw the boxes away weeks ago.
Awwww, so cute, copper topped with a solar cell . . . useless pieces of shit :) Maybe they have an adapter piece. I did the identical rail kit a few months ago and no problem with the lights . . .
View attachment 14611
Sounds like a quick job if you know someone with a 3D printer.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Sounds like a quick job if you know someone with a 3D printer.
It would be. They make adapters but then I saw one like them(possible same item?) with a small wood shroud at the bottom - at more than I paid for 4-5 of these. I kind of like the little shroud idea. The base of these is the same size as the post sleeve, so the shroud goes over both. A few stops on the router table and I could just pig out the center of a solid block of 1" whatever. I think I'm most disgusted that I took them ALL out of the boxes, so I could charge them and have them lighting up our front porch while I worked on the deck(rear). I'd go full spaz and make a little stained glass shroud for all of them but I'm not doing that shit for a house I hope to sell. Seriously tempted to ebay the bitches.
Well, if the rain stops I'll finish the rail in the morning and then on to the concrete patio. Woo hoo - time to move 6 yards of sand. Then about 10 yards of dirt. has been great for the diet :)

picked up one of these for spraying big areas

d486dca949b84f3c92df05febb2a6659.jpg

Its meant as a battery powered pressure washer, but it sucks at that, however it does make a GREAT sprayer with more range, power, and flexibility than a pump or backpack sprayer.

I can spray the whole tomato row in about 2 minutes getting both sides of the leaves as compared to 15-20 with a pump sprayer. I've got a cypress treeline around my property, about 1000ft of 20 foot tall trees that get bagworms, and i had to spray about 30% of the line with spinosad so they didnt decimate the trees, this made great work of that too as a tree sprayer, reached all the way to the top of the trees.

Best thing it its super easy to clean inbetween applications of different things. It just sucks liquid for any container you want, so you can have a bunch of containers for your varying chems so you dont cross contaminate and all you ahve to clean/flush is the sprayer itself and a short tube.

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
210814659Resized20210813165531.jpg

fwiw re: some of those tips for getting rid of the widow yellowjackets, I can confirm a decoy nest would be worthless because these dark paper wasps (Polistes fuscatus) are right nearby and the widows don't give a single fuck. these paper wasps are significantly more chill, though, so I don't mind them, but apparently they're too chill to deter the widows.

• Gravy
Got my deck all done except the stairs down to the stamped concrete patio - which I hope to start pouring in 6X6(and some 6X8) sections). 18X20 at completion, natural gas ran for grill and "Warming device"/ pit/whatever. Gonna be lifting that bag and toting that bale, uh, huh. Well, I already owned a cement mixer so I have that goping for me. (354) 60 lb bags, 85 are for a front walkway widening.
Hey, that's my go-cart!! I pedel that bitch 1/2 mile each direction to get my mail! FUcking brutal, hinge steering, one gear pattern - it's all YOU :)
20210818_123222.jpg

• Gravy
fuck me, why would you not just order a truck. Thats 8 yards right around the minimum for a even a pump truck

fuck me, why would you not just order a truck. Thats 8 yards right around the minimum for a even a pump truck
A. You have to have the man-power to work all of that at once.
B. You would need a set of $1-2k in stamping patterns to set them all to work at the correct time.
c. I don't want a pumper on my concrete driveway, right at the very end - it's a good 40' from there to the patio anyway.

My pattern is a split slate block, got a 2'X3' pattern(heavy little POS, solid slab of rubber, 1"+ thick).
Plus, I'm doing a base color(buff), with some strings of pale redd-ish and some others of a tan, to slightly match/play off our brick. I'll be throwing some green micca in the red parts. Then the whole thing gets stamped with a light grey separator for the joints and lines of the pattern. "Ashlar slate". ;) I've done this before. Once the first slab is done I can work on the stairs while the other slabs are sitting.

1629321912589.png

• Gravy