Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

I've been working on simplifying my HA UI a bit. Basically the opening screen is just buttons that go to each room. It seems to speed up load times by not having to get the status of every device before displaying (which is how I previously had it). Lovelace is pretty badass.

4SF0wtL.png

And then each of the rooms looks similar to this:

45Vf122.png

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I've been working on simplifying my HA UI a bit. Basically the opening screen is just buttons that go to each room. It seems to speed up load times by not having to get the status of every device before displaying (which is how I previously had it). Lovelace is pretty badass.

4SF0wtL.png

And then each of the rooms looks similar to this:

45Vf122.png
That's pretty cool. Refresh me: this UI is displayed on your phone, and on some cheapo tablet you're running somewhere, right?

Replaced the sink disposal after my mother killed it with broken glass the other day, but didn't realize you have to drill out the nipple for the dishwasher drain.

Found out that particular nugget after ending up with a kitchen floor full of water from the dishwasher.

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie
ugh
We had a disposal blow a seal and totally flood under the sink and general floor area a year or so ago

and working under a sink for any reason is fuckin miserable
yeah, I took the previous one apart, but the screws in the base were clearly not meant to be re-used, and its failure mode was "no pressure on the O-ring between the halves, gonna leak errywhere, lol".

I'd had it apart a couple times before, but this time was clearly the last.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Replaced the sink disposal after my mother killed it with broken glass the other day, but didn't realize you have to drill out the nipple for the dishwasher drain.

Found out that particular nugget after ending up with a kitchen floor full of water from the dishwasher.
You should read the directions.

• Angry
Reactions: Jehannum

Removed mine and never put another one in.

Tomorrow I go into full slave mode. Wife and I agreed I wouldn't take a job for until after Labor Day and get some shit done on our house. Rather than pay other folks . .
Last week - cut down two large Sycamores, logs cut and stacked(no splitting for a while), branches being chipped by me AND the misus.

20 yard dumpster comes tomorrow - pos shit deck is gonna die tomorrow. Then I rebuild a smaller deck stepping down to a patio that will wrap around the side of the house, stepping down to an existing patio and basement walk-out. Tearing out a former bar in the basement that became a mixing station.

Just dug a fresh hole (36"X 24" for one of the replacement trees. Will do another before I pass out tonight. trees are coming in the morning.

Damn do I feel tired. . . .