Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

man, their development moves fast
VERY fast. It seriously is already a much more polished product from when I started. That said, they have 'slowed' down from releases every three weeks to once a month. :lol:

I also tested out their native automation tool to notify me when specific lock codes are used. It's pretty damn nice.

@Domon Should you want to skip port forwarding for HA, you can also setup a CloudFlare tunnel. Also check post 8, as you don't even need to use try.cloudflare.com anymore.
Ive actually been seamlessly setup with letsencrypt, and duckdns since the beginning. Its worked absolutely flawlessly.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Have you considered being less of a retard?
Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
With a wink and a nod, the contractors approved of my suggestion for a retard barrier in the garage:

71-avDt5Z6L._AC_SY355_.jpg

They're downstairs now drilling one in. With luck, they won't hit the city's water supply line (which should be at least 18" down, but since it's under a slab, who really knows?)

Once they finish inspection, I'll go out, unbolt it, and move it somewhere that would be actually useful.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly, Josh and Domon
They say you can take the smallest one camping with you, which is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's fucking huge, even for car camping.
The smaller backpacking (actual) stoves are real trick and how they made their name before going all YETI. The size of like a couple of gas cylinders and plenty of fuel available all around, or you can use an alcohol burner if necessary.

The fire ring ones are something else entirely. Conspicuous consumption mostly, but I guess low smoke is nice.

With a wink and a nod, the contractors approved of my suggestion for a retard barrier in the garage:

View attachment 14135

They're downstairs now drilling one in. With luck, they won't hit the city's water supply line (which should be at least 18" down, but since it's under a slab, who really knows?)

Once they finish inspection, I'll go out, unbolt it, and move it somewhere that would be actually useful.
Cut into 6" lengths and give to your car buddies for Christmas "HA, and you think I don't give a CHock! CHock's on you!"

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum