Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

yeah, blueiris or shinobi or whatever based. Then you apply the ML stuff on top of it. Ive gotta do that at some point too, but id like to get a tensor edge compute stick, as apparently that makes it super fast with no cpu load.
I can't find the project right now, but no blueiris. It runs in HA, and uses GPU. Part of the reason I need to get my HA moved off a VM and into Docker.

Apparently it's now "code" to have the furnace set up on a concrete plinth that extends out 30 inches from the base instead of being installed on the garage floor.

Dunno how they expect people to use their garages with effectively 6 feet of it being hacked out for "safety".
I know two people who have broken an ankle on those raised strips many garages have from the entry door to the inner door of an attached. One I watched in slow-mo. Nothing to be done. Hate those things even though I understand what they are trying to accomplish. i.e. Stop flooding nasty shit from the garage into the walls of the house. That plinth really sounds suck. #sorrybro
Basically, you may have to build a raised floor section to throw down around it once the inspector is gone. But there will still be "the step". Bastards!
Maybe you can position some other stuff on the plinth and it isn't wasted space(again, after the city pricks are gone).
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

I can't find the project right now, but no blueiris. It runs in HA, and uses GPU. Part of the reason I need to get my HA moved off a VM and into Docker.
probably viseron

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I know two people who have broken an ankle on those raised strips many garages have from the entry door to the inner door of an attached. One I watched in slow-mo. Nothing to be done. Hate those things even though I understand what they are trying to accomplish. i.e. Stop flooding nasty shit from the garage into the walls of the house. That plinth really sounds suck. #sorrybro
Basically, you may have to build a raised floor section to throw down around it once the inspector is gone. But there will still be "the step". Bastards!
Maybe you can position some other stuff on the plinth and it isn't wasted space(again, after the city pricks are gone).
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF
Based on what the guy was saying, I'm likely to just break it up with a sledge after they've left.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie

This is one of my next projects. I really only care for home/away status, but thought this might eventually be neat anyway. I'm hoping to be able to key into the BLE in our Fitbits.
ble beacons on doorways work really

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
its too bad the range on ble is so bad. Ive got some places i want to get soil moisture data from, and the best way to do that is Xiaomi Mi Flora devices, which are BLE (in contrast to everything else Xiaomi thats zigbee :( ), and the range is just too short for me to put it anywhere i need to to, even with an ESP32 at every location ive got power

Anybody have opinions on cable raceways?

I'm redoing the routing in my attic, and would like to string some raceways up and get things in a generally less chaotic state before they come down a conduit to my structured wiring cabinet in the office.

its too bad the range on ble is so bad. Ive got some places i want to get soil moisture data from, and the best way to do that is Xiaomi Mi Flora devices, which are BLE (in contrast to everything else Xiaomi thats zigbee :( ), and the range is just too short for me to put it anywhere i need to to, even with an ESP32 at every location ive got power
I mean... the whole point is Low Energy. :lol:

Anybody have opinions on cable raceways?

I'm redoing the routing in my attic, and would like to string some raceways up and get things in a generally less chaotic state before they come down a conduit to my structured wiring cabinet in the office.
Stupid expensive. How many wires and what voltage you running?

Ive used some creative solutions for "raceways" that were way cheaper

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum