Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Dang windstorm from earlier this week with 50mph wind gusts ripped some more tabs from the shingles on the barn roof. Lost a few (including on the ridge) 2 years ago in a windstorm. I wonder if architectural shingles would hold up better. Or if I should just spend the big bucks and get a metal roof installed. It would help hide the gutter hangers (had those installed 2 yrs ago shortly after I moved in). Need to paint the barn this year as well. Hate T-111 siding.

157676289_10158503409114262_5089436032172857136_o.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant
I love that photo.

I love the people here. That looks like a painting from a winter 1968 magazine or something. Awesome. I don’t know if this shit is real or not but you people are awesome.

I don’t mean “you people” in a negative way at all, or grouping “you people” into a hated subset or something.

Im real high on an edible gummy right now though.

I love that photo.

I love the people here. That looks like a painting from a winter 1968 magazine or something. Awesome. I don’t know if this shit is real or not but you people are awesome.

I don’t mean “you people” in a negative way at all, or grouping “you people” into a hated subset or something.

Im real high on an edible gummy right now though.
I got some edibles the other day. Took one and it made me relaxed. In hindsight I should have taken the whole bottle.

Built the final chair for our patio area. Now I'm going to build a half wall to hopefully block the street light, hang a sail, and grow plants on.

lFv3r0g.jpg

Built the final chair for our patio area. Now I'm going to build a half wall to hopefully block the street light, hang a sail, and grow plants on.

lFv3r0g.jpg
Looks nice man.

Slap some clear antimicrobial finish on em so they dont get all green in the swamp-weather. They wont stand up well to power washing being softwood, so you're gonna want to stop that before it starts.

Looks nice man.

Slap some clear antimicrobial finish on em so they dont get all green in the swamp-weather. They wont stand up well to power washing being softwood, so you're gonna want to stop that before it starts.
Planned to do them all at once. So gonna give the new chair a couple of weeks to dry out and be the same color as everything else.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh

lFv3r0g.jpg

Why not put up a pergola with some jasmine on it? We planted jasmine on the sunny side of our gazebo. It's awesome at blocking the sun and looks/smells great.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh