Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

666 GIF

What advantage does "a modern integrated ecosystem" provide for listening to music?
automation, music that follows you through the home, ability to pipe audio from any source you want.

Ill put it in jenkum terms. You dont have to go to your basement and change out the tape desk to change songs :p

• Haha
Reactions: fly
just installed ceiling speakers for a 5.1.2 atmos setup. sounds pretty good.
ive been deeply unsatisfied with my 5.1.2. Whats yours look like. I have two floorstanders up front, a center two bookshelves in the back, sub, and 4 atmos ceiling speakers.

It may be my receiver setup.

ive been deeply unsatisfied with my 5.1.2. Whats yours look like. I have two floorstanders up front, a center two bookshelves in the back, sub, and 4 atmos ceiling speakers.

It may be my receiver setup.

i have a mix of speakers from different companies. KEF bookshelf for the front, Pioneer andrew jones center, cheap amazon inwall speakers for the rears. cheap Pyle ceiling speakers. For subwoofer I got the monoprice monolith 10 inch. The sub is what made the biggest difference. it ties everything together.

Amazon product ASIN B002C3OK3QAmazon product ASIN B00E94H3QC

then you swap out the sonos amps in your multimedia cabinet.

going speakers with built in SONOS would be a bad idea by your logic though
Or get regular amps and let the preamp or something in front of it do whatever the hell it is you want with "zones", then you only have to replace that thing. '70s audio equipment still works because of the modularity, you just slap a Bluetooth preamp in front of it and bam it's modern.

automation, music that follows you through the home, ability to pipe audio from any source you want.

Ill put it in jenkum terms. You dont have to go to your basement and change out the tape desk to change songs :p
I think I've already circumvented that, since all my stuff is on a remotely accessible share, and the only spot I use my LPs is where the record player is (conveniently situated next to where I can sit with a whiskey and a cigar).