Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

If I don't killed on taxes this year, I think I'm going to get the remaining 75ft or whatever it is of my driveway paved. Tired of my snow plow guy tearing the shit out of the dirt part of the driveway. Rocks in the lawn every spring to clean and rake up.

I also need to get the barn painted. Not sure I want to tackle that job myself given how large the barn is. Either that or I get vinyl siding put on it. I like the traditional red paint on the wood siding now. But red vinyl siding looks like ass after a few years in the sun from uv fading. No matter that the fuck they put in the plastic to stabilize it.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
If I don't killed on taxes this year, I think I'm going to get the remaining 75ft or whatever it is of my driveway paved. Tired ofy snow plow guy tearing the shit out of the dirt driveway. Rocks in the lawn.

I also need to get the barn painted. Not sure I want to tackle that job myself given how large the barn is. Either that or I get vinyl siding put on it. I like the traditional red paint on the wood siding now. But red vinyl siding looks like ass after a few years in the sun from uv fading. No matter that the fuck they put in the plastic to stabilize it.
Paint job -
Any Amish communities near you? Those fuckers work cheap yet good - but they want cash only.. I watched some from my hotel room a few weeks ago doing a roof - hilarious with their long coats, long beards and big floppy hats.Really impractical.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Paint job -
Any Amish communities near you? Those fuckers work cheap yet good - but they want cash only.. I watched some from my hotel room a few weeks ago doing a roof - hilarious with their long coats, long beards and big floppy hats.Really impractical.
Indeed a lot of Amish in Maine now but not very close. Yes good builders. A buddy of mine in my astronomy group does odd jobs for the Amish community. Like welding and fixing their farm implements. He lives near a decent community of Amish. They've kind of restored that town to it's original roots of farming (no pun intended). Bringing back all kinds of farms to their original working fashion.