Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

i mean, 90% of my shit is zigbee anyway, but all my hardwired stuff that is hard to change is zwave (dimmers)

but i mean, the stock z-wave implementation, the official one should remain for the forseeable future?

the openzwave thing was a beta/test implementation that wasnt part of the core HA.

i mean, 90% of my shit is zigbee anyway, but all my hardwired stuff that is hard to change is zwave (dimmers)
And it will all continue to work. But going forward, all development is moving towards a JS implementation. Apparently it's much easier to find JS devs than C++. :D

Or that's the hope anyway...

Local Stihl dealer just called me up.

"You're not gonna believe this"
"what"
"Take a guess"
"they sent you the same wrong part... again?"
"Nope"
"HOLY CRAP THEY SENT YOU THE RIGHT PART?"
"looks like it!"

Only took 4 attempts.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
Got a new non-grandmothery dining set. Something smaller to take up less space in the room

20041341_gallery_01_wide.jpg

Furniture is stupid expensive. I need more time so i can make my own shit again.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Got a new non-grandmothery dining set. Something smaller to take up less space in the room

Furniture is stupid expensive. I need more time so i can make my own shit again.
Looks like a 3d render so its for your robot virtual breakfast nook?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Those look a lot like the chairs that came with my dining room set. Cost Plus?

If so, do yourself a favor and go get some 8mm lock washers now, because the nuts on the corners back off more or less constantly until you put lock washers underneath.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
Those look a lot like the chairs that came with my dining room set. Cost Plus?

If so, do yourself a favor and go get some 8mm lock washers now, because the nuts on the corners back off more or less constantly until you put lock washers underneath.
bobs furniture, which i think is a local chain. Of course its all just drop shipped from china, so it might be the same. Its all solid wood except the tabletop which is veneered. So i suppose like like a 6 outta 10 in tolerance.
too
It came with lock washers on all bolts thankfully, and im locktiting the bolts too

I've been getting the TP-LInk Kasa switches for all the lights. They're finally at a price that I like and it's not a lightbulb dependent system. I have a couple of the plug adapters for lamps and backyard string lights.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and wetwillie